“Room Was Okay...But”
Review of Ramada Yorkton

Ramada Yorkton
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Yorkton
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Room was okay....however there was several annoying issues...#1 being internet availability in room...approached the front desk with this issue and was told yeah we know we have issues in this part of the hotel, well fix it then....cheap fix available at any computer store. Next was the annoying person running the breakfast, hounding us for cupons, that the front desk should of issued during check in and finally the checkout...the person at the front desk was not able to issue a proper receipt..I think due to lack of training. Overal will not stay there again next time in Yorkton

Room Tip: Do not stay in rooms on west wing of hotel if you want internet service
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hockey95

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was travelling through Yorkton with my family and Dog. We picked this hotel because it had pet friendly rooms and was one of the only hotels that had available rooms. (I now know why) So we get our room, it is a "pet friendly room." Obviously it was a smoking room as well. (none of us smoke) This room was so discusting it is hard to discribe, it was filthy and reaked of cigarettes.

I have stayed in a lot a dives in my life but this one takes the cake, I felt dirty after leaving this place and ashamed that I had let my family spend the night in those conditions. Lastly it was pricey, guess they knew they had the only pet friendly room in town left.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Nyack22
Michelle P, Manager at Ramada Yorkton, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

I am sorry you had a bad experience at our hotel. As I read your comment this is the reason at the moment that all our smoking rooms are going non smoking. So our pet rooms will be non smoking. At the time this was how the hotel was accomidating pet rooms. Now we are changing. So in future time if you do decide to come visit us again the pet friendly rooms will all be non smoking as of also the whole hotel. Very sorry again for your unpleasant stay.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I booked a non-smoking room and was given a smoking room that they converted to non-smoking a week ago. The room still smelled think with smoke and they would not move me. The night desk lady said there was no manager for me to talk to, but she would put a note on my file.
I was so choked up, I couldn't breathe.
I was offered no discount or anything when I checked out. If I would have had another place to go, I would have left. I travel for business and if I have any other choice, I will not return.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a truly non smoking room, not one they just converted.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lizw2000
RamadaYorkton, General Manager at Ramada Yorkton, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

We apologize for the discomfort experienced at our property. While I do truly understand and appreciate the dissatisfation with the accomodation I feel I must state however that the rooms we are converting from smoking to non smoking are being cleaned intensely, top to bottom. Window treatments, carpets, walls, furnishings, and bedding are all either removed for proper cleaning, or done within the room. We also use a special ionizing machine to actually remove all the air/oxygine in the room to ensure removal of smoke particals and the allergins associated with smoking. Unfortunately, the smell does remain for a period of time regardless of the amount of venilation the room has.
At this time, we are beginning to repaint each of these rooms in a constant effort to ensure the comfort of our guests who are non smokers.
Again, our sincerest apologies for the discomfort.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years, when it was a privately held hotel labelled "The Holiday Inn", but not part of the world wide franchise. It has now been rebranded with the Ramada label, new carpet and paint and swipe cards for the doors. The restaurant has been chopped in half to allow a breakfast nook for the hotel and then a full service restaurant on the other side.

We tried to book direct by phoning the hotel direct, but got connected to Ramada's distant telephone reservations system. I specifially told them we had a small 18 pound dog, and they said no problem with a king size bed. We showed up at 7pm and they had the reservation but did not know we had a dog. Two women were working the front, both with plates of supper in front of them and eating while we were being served. No problem, she said blaming the online reservation system for screwing it up. We went up to the room at the top of the stairs, note: no elevator, and were pleasantly suprised with a nice room, large bar fridge, micro, and overlooking the indoor pool. Very pleased, I went for a walk with the dog and when I got back was informed they could not give us the room since dogs were not allowed. So we had to haul all our bags out of the room, move the car to the far west side of the hotel where they only had two rooms for pets, and only two queen beds. The room was very basic and no fridge or micro. The hallway reaked of cigarette smoke, but thankfully the smoke did not come into the room. While we were not pleased with the change in the room, we do understand they need to allocate only pet only rooms. What I did not like was the confusion in putting us in a room that they knew should not have a dog, and then not provide a service to help us move. They did apologize for the mistake.

The bonus treat was the "free" continental breakfast. That was not advertised or advised to us. The restaurant is open 6:30 to 9:00 for the free before they change it to a full service restaurant. You need to get a slip of paper from the front desk for each person, to allow you to have the free breakfast. They restaurant supplies a nice assortment of bread, bagels for toast with all the jams, peanut butter you want. Small yogurt, cereal, and porridge is available. They have a steamer section with scrambled eggs and hashbrowns. Unfortunately, they only supply styrofoam, desert plates, that are too small. Juice and coffee, milk are readily available, so overall, the breakfast set up allows you a quick bite to eat and allows you to have a decent cup of coffee. Our cost for one night with a dog was $127 all taxes in.
While it was ok for our one night stay, I would look for a different hotel that allowed dogs, without smokers.

Room Tip: Ask for main floor room since there are no elevators to the second floor. Stairways are few and far...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

The air conditioner did not work all night , so we had a crappy sleep!! Very hot room!! In the morning I had gone to take my baby for a bath and the stopper for the bathtub would not stop the water!! So no bath full of water for my baby!! We complained and got a discount on our room!! The city is beautiful and the people Are friendly, but that Ramada for the price should have better maintenance !! The room was clean but just needed some more attention to dusting! I have worked as a housekeeper for years at a new Ramada in Weyburn and I would have to say better maintenance !!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The internet in my room didn't work at all and the promises of it getting better in future just don't cut it. Rooms are nothing special, hot and stuffy on a summer day and to keep it at a reasonable sleeping temp would mean leaving the noisy air conditioner running all night.

Room Tip: "Rooms in a different hotel are probably better."
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stay at the Ramada for at least 3 weeks at a time for work. The only reason I always come back to the Ramada is because of Collin. He has become like family. He always makes sure I get an excellent room that suits my individual needs, while ensuring my stay is most pleasant and worry free. He makes sure my room is always clean, and equipped with the appropriate items such as cups, coffee, etc. However, as much as I would like to think its because of myself, he is this way with everyone he approaches. Collin genuinley loves people, and loves to help people at the same time. he is the epitomy of great service, great customer relations, and great knowledge of his field. He greets everyone with a smile and genuinley takes care of any needs any individual has. Stay at the Ramada just to experience the best guest services rep, that even a 5 star hotel cannot compete with!

Room Tip: make sure you get a suite if you are planning to stay more than a week.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business