“Next time I'll just keep driving.”
Review of Ramada Yorkton

Ramada Yorkton
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Yorkton
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Stayed March 25 2012,
Front end staff were indifferent during checking to the point of rudeness, spent 5 minutes talking to someone on the phone without even acknowledging my presence, then immediately served a couple of walkins who wanted keys to pool who arrived long after I was waiting. Had to take a smoking room because I had a dog. I've stayed in a lot of smoking rooms before but this room smelled disgusting, I spent there hours with the window open to try and make the smell tolerable. Air conditioner/heater made loud banging noises about every 30 minutes whether it was on or not. We took our luggage back to the car in hopes the smell would not penetrate everything we own. Cannot get out of this hotel early enough in the
morning. Don't trust the Ramada name like we did, just drive by this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank N0rthernwanderer
There are newer reviews for Ramada Yorkton

Reviewed February 28, 2012

The hotel lobby was clean and bright, and the woman who checked me in was very friendly and helpful. My room was clean and quiet, and the breakfast was surprisingly good (lots of hot food). Would certainly stay there again if I was back in Yorkton.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We received a gift certificate for the bridal suite after not being able to use it due to it being booked three times we decided to change it for a king suite and go on New Years eve. Big mistake. The room was dated and smelled of chlorine, the tv was fuzzy and the air conditioner had a sign on it because it didn't work properly. The dude behind the counter when we arrived wanted to know why we were given the certificate (non of his business) and then proceeded to tell us about the manager whose name was on our certificate had been fired for stealing money from the hotel and almost insinuated that our certificate may not have been legit. I don't know who was manager at that time and frankly I don't care. I go for a night away from my own troubles don't need to hear yours. The icing on the cake was no continental breakfast because it was New Years. Apparently no one needs to eat on New Years at a full service hotel. We went to McDonalds for breakfast, they don't worry about paying their staff stat pay. Will I ever stay in this dump again NO, will I recommend it to you or anyone else? NO! Save your money. Sleep in the car.

Room Tip: Don't be by the pool, very musty and humid
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pauline c
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Poor service for the price! Rooms are old, in poor condition and my sheets had cigarette holes in them. The staff were slow and rude and failed to respond to simple requests, like can you please stop the 10 kids from running down the halls at midnight. Only plus is the location

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Jkhhh
Janice M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Yorkton, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

I apologize to you for thebad experiance. We have replaced all sheets and bedspreads recently and inspected all sheets in our hotel. I personally didnt see any burn holes. We have 1 person on shift from 11 to 7 am and since this incident I have spoken to our night auditor and gave him clear instructions on how to deal with unruley guests. I apologize if anyone was rude as we do not tolerate this in any way.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

I'm very disappointed with the Ramada in Yorkton. We stay here often because of an elderly parent. This time we booked a room with one queen bed. There was no bar fridge in the room. There were hot wires from the computer connections under the desk, I thought the router wasn't connected...and reached down to separate some of the wires and got a shock. The bathrooms at the Ramada are very small and now that they put in the curved shower rods the door doesn't open very wide, the exhaust fan in the bathroom is useless it doesn't do anything to remove humidity yet it looks like a new appliance. The Ramada offers a continental breakfast but there were no hot items on Monday because it was a holiday here in Canada and on Tuesday the cook forgot to show up for work. The continental breakfast consists of bread, dry cereal, pastry on occasion, yogurt and two hot items if your lucky enough to get down there when they're in the warmer, the scrambled eggs are rubbery and the bacon very greasy...so disappointing for a hotel that used to serve a wonderful breakfast even if it was off a menu. I would rather pay less for a room and get a better breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I have stayed here frequently over the years and stayed again last night. Its probably the best hotel in Yorkton but that isn't saying a whole lot. The rooms are fine although the bathroom is a bit small. The heating/ airconditioning units are fairly noisy and can not cope if its a really hot day.
There aren't enough staff on the front desk to both check in people and answer the phone and I think they are not well enough trained either. There always seems to be some line up and when I phone to make a reservation I can be put on hold a long time.
The cleaning staff seem to do a good job and the beds are comfortable.
There is a decent pool area with a slide and hot tub and sauna.
The breakfast is OK although (as with any of these breakfasts) the eggs are overcooked. This morning there were no eggs and/ or bacon so I went and checked out and by the time I got back they had just managed to bring new bacon.
I can't comment on the food other than breakfast because I wouldn't risk eating there given the attitude of the staff.
Its probably the best alternative in Yorkton, though. Price for one night came to around $130.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Janice M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Yorkton, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

We apologize for the service you had. We do not tolerate rudness from any staff, and have since I hired new front desk staff. This should not be an issue anymore.Thank you for taking the time out to comment and be assured that these issues should not be a problem in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed here while on business in Yorkton. Upon checking in, I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located close to shopping facilities and restaurants, and the area it is in appeared to be clean and safe. The hotel itself looks and smells clean and I found my room to be quiet, clean, and comfortable. Not the newest in terms of style, but it did the trick. It was not the most modern of places, but I guess that was makes it more affordable than other nearby hotels. Being a travelling business person my only disappointment was the room lacked a decent desk to do work on.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business