“Great little diner with friendly staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurant Goofy

Restaurant Goofy
Ranked #8 of 61 Restaurants in Alma
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Montreal
“Great little diner with friendly staff”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I personally went to try the poutine (what can i say, lol). Personally I didn't enjoy it as much as thought I would because the sauce is cut with ketchup...the splash of tobasco sauce adds a nice heat. So for ketchup lovers, you will probably like it. I was expecting curd cheese but they use shredded. For artery clogging foods, it was fresh and I'm sure a lot of folks love it because every person walking in to order take-out, they ordered poutine. What didn't impress me was that I ordered a smoked meat sandwich with the poutine, and they sold me a whole smoked meat platter, complete with fries and usual garnishing. I would have expected the server to maybe mention something along the lines of "do you want fries"? Anyway... the smoked meat is by no means Reuben's or Schwartz's, and was very salty.
The main dinner meals looked good, and the servings were a nice portion...seemingly good value for your money.
It's a diner, plain and simple. The bonus is that they serve breakfast 24hrs/day. I have a feeling that the breakfast will be the usual diner fare... I will let you know!

• Visited February 2013