“Don't expect much”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Alma
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I will start my review with the positive: -
it's a small quiet hotel.
- staff ok, polite , but very simple , it's cold and fast, (at least with the person that did our check-in).
-continental breakfast included .
- located in one of the main street (good location).
-not expensive, very good price.
-next door to several fast-food restaurants.
-good place to stay if you are just passing by.
-beer vending machine (3.25$ ea)
-vending machines .
The less positive:
-no elevator (it'a a two storey hotel).
-the building itself is very old (could use some TLC).
-the tv in my room was not working when i came in( flat screen 26" LG that swivel) , I start looking at the cables and connections, After a while, I noticed that the plug (connector) was pulling-out ea time you were moving the tv (swivel) .
-The toilet was also very noisy, it sounded like a cat in distress... No kidding (a very loud and annoying sound) we had to keep the bathroom door closed.
-The curtains, the have no semi-sheer curtains , so if your curtains are close you are in total darkness , if you choose to keep them open, well you'll have a nice surprise.... That is if you are a bit voyeur or that you like being seen in your bed (direct view in another bedroom ) we could see each other very well... Too well, I decided to keep the curtains closed, after I noticed that the neighbour was staring at me! (I have taken some pictures of what we can see from my room) .
-The A/C , they have an older wall system, so be prepare to get-up often to reset the whole thing, it's working so-so, you can't find the perfect temperature and it's very very noisy, you might want to bring some ear plugs just for that matter.
-no fitness centre.
-no pool.
-vending machines on first floor only.
-vending machines price exaggeration: beer 3.25$ , water 2.25$ and everything else in that range of price... Why is the beer so cheap, and the other healthier drinks so expensive?

I didn't liked my stay and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who have time to book elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Almacn321, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

These are very positive, they will help us improve.

We hope you will still come back to our hotel, as we will be renovated soon.

For now, we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay and sincerely hope that you will visit us again.

Général manager

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Room was clean and confortable comparable in size with other hôtels in the chain. Continental breakfast is included and there was a large variety.
The breakfast area is much too small, the hotel was not full the day we stayed there and the breakfast area was crowded, we had to wait to be able to serve ourselves.

Room Tip: Floor on the second floor are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FVMTL
Almacn321, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. These will help us improve.

Hope to see you soon.

Manager

Reviewed August 10, 2013

After reading two reviews one in english and one in french, we made a reservation to this hotel requesting a room far from the take-out window of a McD near by. When we arrived at the front desk the man working there showed us where our room was. It was right in front of the take-out window. We insisted to have another room telling him that the reviews told us to do so. He laughed at that and did nothing to accomodate us. And with a sarcastic tone told us that he could not wait to read our review on tripadvisor. The room was small but clean and O.K. As it was a very hot day we let the AC on for the night. The noise was too loud and we had some trouble sleeping. The breakfeast was simple but satisfactory. However the place to eat was too small with only three tables for a lot of people

Room Tip: ask for a room far from the McD take out window
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank papoutte

Hi,

I am sorry that your stay was unsatisfactory.

However, thank you for your comments.

These v'ont help us improve and ensure that it never happens again.

the pleasure

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I love the Comfort Inn chain, so when i see they are in cities that I am visiting for business or pleasure, i always checThe rooms are comfy, clean and in good condition. The beds are very comfortable & pillows dreamy. Bathroom has hair dryer, there is an iron/ironing board, coffee maker & the tv has all the important English channels if that is your choice. Fridges are available, but reserve one in case you really need one. There is a complimentary continental breakfast, but not a lot of choice...but it's fresh.
The staff is very accommodating and friendly. This Comfort Inn is literally within walking distance of so many restaurants... Even tho it is on the main drag, if you are in the back, you don't hear anything. The only downside is that there is a McDonald's next door and sometimes the cars in the drive-thru are disrespectful during the night, but it was a one-off, so not something to detract from the excellent accommodations.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Almacn321, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Hello,

I'm very happy to see that you enjoy our hotel, despite the inconvenience that you have suffered.

Thank you for taking the time to be with your comments, it helps us improve.

Looking forward to welcome you again,

directrice générale
Comfort Inn Alma

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Alma Lac st Jean from December 31st until January 3rd. The first two days were fantastic, service was excellent, the cleaning of the rooms was immaculate and all was great. on January 2nd, we came back in the late afternoon to find that nothing had been done in our room. The bedspreads were just thrown over the beds, sheets under not fixed, dirty towels still left in the bathtub with the dirty facecloths, nothing cleared off the table, coffee machine still standing there not emptied, etc etc need I go on...........................

Ater telling the front desk about all of this we were told that the manager would contact us. As of today we havent heard from anybody from the Comfort Inn, not even an apology nothing. I have to say I am really disappointed because usually the Comfort Inn is a great place to stay at. Not too sure I will stay there again. It was our first time at this Comfort Inn and maybe our last. May I also add that the chambermaid had reported that she had done the room, not true.

Room Tip: all rooms are well located, very quiet area
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Almacn321, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Firstly, I want to apologize. I'm really sorry that you have such sudden inconvenience during your stay in Alma.

I'm really sorry, because this is not something common in our institution. Our employees deploy and maximize their efforts to make your stay as pleasant as possible. But rest assured that we will put special attention to prevent it from happening again.

With that, I sincerely regret the inconvenience and invite you to come and see us during your next visit to Alma.

Looking forward to welcome you again.

Comfort Inn Alma

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Rooms were okay. Bathroom was better than the room itself. Our room was non smoking, but there was a faint smoke smell inside the room and more so in the hallway. Breakfast was included but was a bit lacklustre. There were only 3 tables in the breakfast area for the entire hotel. Walls are indeed very thin. We did not however experience any rowdiness from the 24 drive-thru like other reviewers did.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2011

The hotel is clean and well priced. Staff is generally bilingual though French proficiency does help. It's a busy neighborhood & I took care to request a quite room with my reservation. Noise concerns were absolutely not an issue. We'd requested a little fridge in our room which was made available on reminding the front desk staff.

Breakfast which is satisfactory given the price, is served in a small area adjoining the lobby. The sitting area for breakfast is far from satisfactory - my only real beef with this hotel other than the absence of any public lounge/sitting area anywhere! Basically 3 tall yet small tables each with 4 high bar chairs serviced patrons as a place to sit and enjoy (enjoy?) breakfast. If it's a busy time you're out of luck. 6 people can be breathing down your neck waiting for you to finish, I mean wolf, down your food, so they can have a chance to sit. Likewise if you're in line, you have to wait till Charlie, Mo & Francois have finished up so you can have a turn with a table & chair! The objective of booking a hotel which includes breakfast is that you can enjoy it without bother. Sleeping quarters were, mmmm, so so. One queen size bed (comfortable) & one pull out couch bed - absolutely NOT comfortable. I recommend anyone reserving a standard room either be alone or else be well acquainted with his/her travel partner 'cos you'll be sharing the sheets! Anyone using the sleeper couch is either a martyr or a soon-to-be "ex" if you know what I mean.

The room A/C had only 2 settings - high or off! So there are 2 choices- take it or leave it!

If you're OK with the basics - clean hotel, free parking & something to munch on without great creature comforts, then I do recommend this hotel. Don't expect much more. But then, Alma is not exactly a metropolis so your choices are limited.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the road. Ask for an upgraded room with 2 queens if you need seperate...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alma
1 mi away
Chalets & Spa Lac Saint-Jean
Notre Hotel
Notre Hotel
#5 of 8 in Alma

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!