I will start my review with the positive: -
it's a small quiet hotel.
- staff ok, polite , but very simple , it's cold and fast, (at least with the person that did our check-in).
-continental breakfast included .
- located in one of the main street (good location).
-not expensive, very good price.
-next door to several fast-food restaurants.
-good place to stay if you are just passing by.
-beer vending machine (3.25$ ea)
-vending machines .
The less positive:
-no elevator (it'a a two storey hotel).
-the building itself is very old (could use some TLC).
-the tv in my room was not working when i came in( flat screen 26" LG that swivel) , I start looking at the cables and connections, After a while, I noticed that the plug (connector) was pulling-out ea time you were moving the tv (swivel) .
-The toilet was also very noisy, it sounded like a cat in distress... No kidding (a very loud and annoying sound) we had to keep the bathroom door closed.
-The curtains, the have no semi-sheer curtains , so if your curtains are close you are in total darkness , if you choose to keep them open, well you'll have a nice surprise.... That is if you are a bit voyeur or that you like being seen in your bed (direct view in another bedroom ) we could see each other very well... Too well, I decided to keep the curtains closed, after I noticed that the neighbour was staring at me! (I have taken some pictures of what we can see from my room) .
-The A/C , they have an older wall system, so be prepare to get-up often to reset the whole thing, it's working so-so, you can't find the perfect temperature and it's very very noisy, you might want to bring some ear plugs just for that matter.
-no fitness centre.
-vending machines on first floor only.
-vending machines price exaggeration: beer 3.25$ , water 2.25$ and everything else in that range of price... Why is the beer so cheap, and the other healthier drinks so expensive?
I didn't liked my stay and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who have time to book elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn is centrally located in Alma, directly on Route 169. We have newly renovated the front desk and lobby area and now offer a 24-hour business centre, welcoming seating area with tv and fireplace and a spacious breakfast room. Each of our 59 tastefully appointed guestrooms are All New Just for You! With new carpet, vinyl, 32" flat screen tvs as well as new tile and vanities in the bathrooms. All of our rooms feature pillow-top beds, free wireless high-speed internet access, free parking and free local calls. Join us for your Complimentary "Your Morning" Hot Breakfast, which includes eggs, sausage or bacon, fresh waffles, breads, yogurt, cereal and juice. Enjoy your stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Alma, Quebec
- Alma Comfort Inn