“We'll be back!”

Sky Meadow Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christina Lake
Sky Meadow Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Enjoyed so many things about Sky Meadow! Here's a list, no particular order....
*Gyllian-welcoming, artsy, informative, great cook, great spirit.
*Location-off the beaten path, quiet, lake is nearby, Trans-Canada trail within walking
distance, no light polution so very starry sky which Gyllian encouraged us to see.
*Room-small and quirky but nice with closets to stash stuff, bed comfy, great sheets,
plenty of pillows, though I always bring my own, nice view out windows including apple tree and fushia in bloom.
*Sitting room connects all rooms where we played cards; little ol' fridge to put our stuff in and where a pitcher of water is kept. Water and wine glasses on top, too. Very convenient especially when we had 12 pounds of fabulous blueberries we picked at the neighbors and took home with us. Gyllian checked with Customs to make sure we could take them across the border. Mmmm. We're still enjoying them.
*Bathroom-we had the use of two. One with just a toilet and sink-very charming, which was handy at night, as it was on the same level. We opted for the large bath upstairs with (my favorite) a big claw-foot tub. I was able to actually float in it and Gyllian provided some delightful 'teabag' bathsalts made locally by one of her artisan friends. Nice. lovely bathroom though we had to go upstairs to use it.
*BREAKFAST-delicious!! The two courses made us happy all three days! Imagine, dessert for breakfast and it's served first!! Melt-in-your-mouth flan with fresh sliced peaches (I got the recipe for this.) Apple crisp made from her own apples and then cherry cobbler and all made in the morning. With the 2nd courses being special and filling, we didn't eat lunch any of the 3 days, just a snack to tide us over 'til dinner. (Dinner was a drawback due to the fact that there are no good restaurants in the area but that's hardly the fault of the B&B.)
*Flora & fauna-fresh flowers throughout the B&B, fruit trees all over the area. Charming and well behaved dogs and a funny, talking cat with vampire-like fangs. Too cute. Pets are not allowed on the level where the rooms are nor during breakfast, either. Didn't see any bears, though we heard tales and would have liked a sighting.
*Recreation-Christina Lake is gorgeous and there are boat rentals, beaches, swimming spots. Rivers are popular for kayaks, tubing, etc but we happened to come when there wasn't enough water to do so. We'll be bringing our kayak back in July next year. We took our kayak on the lake, though, so we were happy. Walked on the trail one day. Would like to do more of that.
***Thank you, Gyllian. We'll be seeing you again.***

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marshashome
Reviewed August 15, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sky Meadows B&B for the August long weekend in 2010. He had booked our entire trip as a surprise so I had absolutely no expectations going in.
My first impression of the room (Le Chambre au Ciel) was that it was clean, and stylish for a B&B. There was lots of closet space but the room itself was pretty tight, although that wasn't a problem. When we slept in the bed that night, the mattress was really comfortable, the sheets were nice and crisp, and the pillows were down (which I hate but I'm sure most would love!)

The bathroom we chose was upstairs from our room and had a claw foot tub and was nice and clean, and is filled with original artwork (as is the rest of the house-- really interesting). We took a bath late at night and were able to look up through the window at the stars. Romance epitomized! There was also a toilet on the main level by our room.
The breakfast we enjoyed at Sky Meadows was far superior to anything else I've ever had at a B&B-- Gyllian made us two courses each morning. The first day we had a homemade flan with fresh ground nutmeg and strawberries, and then heuvos rancheros. Next day we had a parfait of fresh cherries and kiwi, layered with peach and cherry yogurt, followed by homemade waffles topped with peaches. Wow! She had tea for me and coffee for my beau since that is what each of us preferred, and she left it right by our room door so that we could enjoy it in bed before breakfast. She was also very accommodating when we told her we needed our breakfast a bit early to accommodate our flight home.

There's also a nice big deck where we were able to enjoy a beer in the sun. More upsides include the fact that Christina Lake is only a matter of minutes away by car.
Take note that if you don't like animals this is not the place to be-- I adored Max, Gyllian's very friendly and cute cat, but I'm not a dog person, and she had two great big friendly ones, who may want to nuzzle you (or your crotch). For me that was a drawback!

Gyllian is very loquacious and is also artistic and runs art workshops in her off season, and is a very interesting person to talk to.

All in all I had a fabulous weekend and Sky Meadows really contributed to it. I would readily recommend it to anyone looking for a B&B near Christina Lake.

www.skymeadow.ca

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RamonaQuimby
Reviewed July 7, 2010

The previous reviews are spot on.
We found the shower is separate from the Bathroom which is clean & uncrowded.
We did have some misgivings on turning into the laneway/road access. For Sale Signs, an old mobile home, open ditches . . . all, it turned out, on others property.
In the end a really nice experience - the coffee in the morning is a nice touch - and most welcome!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mar2dav
Reviewed December 21, 2009

Lovely host greeted me late at night and showed me into comfortable, if a bit cramped, basement/ground-level accommodations. Bathroom was a down a cluttered hallway, my only complaint. Breakfast was delicious and very companionable with just me and the host. I stayed with a friend at the Sunflower Inn on the lake later in the week and didn't enjoy it as much. Recommend this as an off-the-beaten-path location!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank agentchange
Reviewed August 18, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Sky Meadow on the Aug 2009 long weekend. We choose the Sky Room (Le Chambre au Ciel). (Note: the bathroom was not ensuite.) There are two additional rooms, including one with two beds. The website may not be updated by the time you read this, but there are three rooms in all.

Gyllian is a wonderful host and makes you feel very welcome. Same with Alice (dog), Bailey (dog) and Max (cat). Don’t worry, the “kids” stay outside during breakfast and aren’t in the lower area of the house, where the guests stay.

The breakfasts were fabulous – 2 courses each day, eg. Cheeries Jubilee and a Greek Scramble. A tea/coffee tray is placed outside your door before breakfast. When I said it wasn’t necessary, Gyllian responded that it is nice to be pampered and it is! You can take you beverage outside and enjoy the morning looking out to trees and mountains.

It is super relaxing to stay here and you just may want to extend your stay.

www.skymeadow.ca

#5 of 6 in Christina Lake
Blue Mountain Lodge
Blue Mountain Lodge
#1 of 5 in Christina Lake

Been to Sky Meadow Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!