“Great Location”
Review of Crawford Bay Inn

Crawford Bay Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crawford Bay
Crawford Bay Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Crawford Bay
Reviewed August 3, 2014

This motel is located within easy walking distance of shops, pubs and golf course. Yesterday, we walked to the beach, which is farther, but doable if you are in any kind of shape. The
temperatures here have been in the 30s, but our room has been comfortably cool. There is air conditioning, if one chooses to turn it on. The motel has a small kitchenette. I gather you just ask for dishes; we chose to eat out, so we didn't need extras.

We did not here traffic, once inside our room.

The rooms very basic, but they are immaculate. The owners could not be nicer or more obliging.

Room Tip: One would have to ask as there are rooms with two bedrooms. All are ground floor and all have free w...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MacKayAlberta
CBInn1995, Owner at Crawford Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2016

We, the owners thank you for your business and the feedback of our motel and services. We are glad to hear from you, that you had marvelous time here. For sanitary purposes instead of putting dishes in the kitchenette rooms, we ask our guest to let us know what they need and we are more than happy to comply when they decide to prepare their meals in the room! We are looking forward to see you soon. Have a beautiful day and make other beautiful with your charming personality.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Needing to escape the rain one weekend we decided to visit the artisan hamlet of Crawford Bay. We ended up staying the night at the Crawford Bay Inn. The room was spotless and fresh (they must hang the sheets and towels to sun dry, which I have to tell you, smells fantastic!) The place isn't new, but it is well maintained and clean (and that is what counts for me) It is always nice to see owners that take pride in their accommodations. The hosts were very friendly and accommodating and answered numerous questions we had about the area, where to go and what to see, we really enjoyed chatting with them, although she wouldn't give up her secret on how to get towels that white! The motel itself is conveniently located next to the golf course and walking distance to all the cool little shops and pubs. We both slept fantastic and will definitely stop by next time we need a getaway!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DfromKootenay

Thank you for the fantastic review and wonderful comments! We are glad you decided to give Crawford Bay Inn a try and even more pleased that you had so much fun in the area and with us! I would gladly share my environmentally-friendly secrets with you about the white towels next time you are here! The sun-dried sheets are truly my pleasure, putting them on the line and taking them inside while enjoying the surrounding mountains and the fresh air by doing it. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I arrived after a 6 hour ride on my bike over the Crowsnest pass in Alberta/British Columbia. It was sunny when I arrived, but I was cold and tired. The owner knew of my impending arrival and was ready with a coffee maker for me and some towels for my motorbike. The room warmed up quickly and was clean and tidy. Bathroom as well. I was riding solo and the season is just beginning, but if I had a group and or a family and was traveling to the area the accommodations would fit the bill perfectly. They don't allow smoking in the rooms, and no pets either but this contributes to the overall cleanliness. The owners are very accommodating and glad to help and this is, unfortunately, not as common in general in my experience. I know I'll be back when I am able to make my way, which I only hope is soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank JBogage2014

Thank you for the business and review feedback. I am glad you observed “Warm Reception" at our motel. Your feed back is very valuable for advancement in our services and cleanliness. Our goal is to make daily improvements in our services, consistency and comforts. Hope you plan to visit us on your next trip solo and/or with family.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have had the experience of staying at this little family run motel a couple of times and have not once been disappointed. The owners are friendly and helpful and genuinely care about their business. The rooms are not fancy, but make up for that with being meticulously clean and comfortable. They actually hang their sheets on a clothesline to dry daily! Seriously - being from a big city, I had never slept on sun dried sheets before and I must say - they smelled fantastic! I stay at this motel every time I travel through the area (every two years) and each time I have enjoyed watching the deer wander around in the evening and waking up to the sounds of the creek in the morning. It is a wonderfully, peaceful place and being 5 minutes from the Ferry is helpful as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ElizabethL1955, Manager at Crawford Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Thank you for your honesty and writing about our little motel the way it is; nothing fancy, just a tiny and simple ‘Mom and Pop’ motel that is clean and comfortable, inviting you for a goodnight sleep that the sun-dried sheets will hold you through. Thank you, we appreciate your review.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Have you ever woke up to the sound of your own heartbeat and wonder where you are? Then you look out the window and you have arrived, yes arrived to a little place of heaven on earth.
We felt at home and welcomed by the Mountain view. The hotel was clean, neat and inviting and the owners were kind at our first meeting.
This is close to a golf course for those that are looking, or just a short breathtaking walk of the mountains and to be one with nature,
I highly recommend this affordable and clean motel... we will be back.

Room Tip: The rooms are all good
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

It is our pleasure hearing from our guests who can truly appreciate the heavenly beauty of Mother-nature that is surrounding us; a great reminder for all how fortunate we are living, working, playing right here, in her palm. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I highly recommend this fantastic motel!!! Our family stayed in a 1 Bedroom kitchenette and it had everything we could have asked for...including great tasting coffee so we didn't have to leave the room first thing in the morning!!! :-) The room was immaculately clean, fresh, warm and inviting. The location was perfect as we had just gotten off the ferry on the East shore of Kootney Lake and we were ready for the rest. We stayed for a week and we were pleasantly surprised that this came with a special rate!! The owners are a couple of the nicest and most genuine people we have had the fortune of meeting in our travels. What we have come to call our Best Little Motel in the West was well worth crossing the lake for as we had initially intended on staying on the other side of the lake.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your thoughtful review, was our pleasure having you for a week and looking forward for your next stay. Your ‘Best Little Motel in the West’ will be waiting for you and your family with open arms.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed two nights at the Crawford Bay Motel. It is in a great location, just 5 minutes away from the famous Kokanee Spring Golf course and Kootenay Lake. It was very reasonably priced and I was pleasantly surprised with the overall cleanliness and comfort and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your continuing support, returning to us year after year; never missing any changes, updates that we do. It is our great pleasure to be at your service; hope to see you again soon.

Been to Crawford Bay Inn? Share your experiences!