“Okay”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Can't say I was overwhelmed. Mom had the ribs which she did enjoy. I had Fish and Chips which were less than stellar shall I say? Molly's the following night were a country mile better. The F + C here were breaded with some kind of mmm breading?
:-) rather than deep fried. Might appeal to some but rather like Fish Sticks to me and no salad came with it. We had the appetizer of Shrimp with Chili Lime sauce which we did enjoy. Service was pleasant but a little spotty. Wouldn't rush back but it was all fine.

2  Thank WCGal
There are newer reviews for Waterfront Restaurant

Reviewed November 24, 2010

Never know what to expect at the Waterfront. I've had one terrific meal (steak sandwich) and some off ones: a reuben sandwich with so much mustard on it that it ran down my hands, hot turkey sandwich with small clumps of turkey and lukewarm too thick lumpy gravy, and a mediocre expensive breakfast. Last visit we wondered if we'd offended the waitress, as we had to ask her to take our order, she was very cold/unfriendly, no eye contact, and no hint of a smile. When I used my debit card to pay I did not add a tip, which no doubt annoyed her, but with rude service like that a tip cannot be expected.

Some people love the Waterfront, but it's too expensive for what you get, and what you get can be just typical greasy spoon fare. Although I've heard people say they had a lovely meal here. Art, the owner, if he's there, is always friendly and welcoming.

1  Thank Katefromthecreek
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We stop there at least once on any trip to the Sunshine Coast - breakfast, lunch, dinner, rain or shine!! The Shrimp and Onion omelette never disappoints, nor the view...

Reviewed August 16, 2010

Ate here with a friend. Ordered fish and chips - received a dozen greasy fries, overcooked and dry fish, no coleslaw and a plastic package of tartar sauce. My friend had an unseasoned fillet of salmon with a "greek" salad that consisted mostly of iceberg lettuce. The worst thing, however, was the disabled washroom/ baby changing station which turned out to be the storage room for mops and buckets with an open drain in one corner of the floor. Both the changing table and the sink were blocked by the mops leaning against them. Eat here at your peril!

2  Thank poetscan
Reviewed June 19, 2010

We stopped in for an early dinner before boarding the ferry to Vancouver. The waitress was attentive and made sure we would be finished in time. We got a seat by the window and enjoyed a terrific view (see photo). Not only a great view of the water and mountains, but you have a nice high elevation. As for the food, we both had fish & chips, which were well prepared. The price ($15 per) was higher than we are used to, but it is a resort area and, as I said, the location and view were unmatched.

1  Thank RoadTripRoger