“Lovely Anniversary Dinner”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Gibsons, BC
“Lovely Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My wife and I decided to celebrate our anniversary with a first time visit to this restaurant. We had been to the location a number of times... under different names and owners.

Tonight we started with the spinach salad which we fortunately decided to share. It was a very large salad and we had leftovers. The salad was comprised of Baby spinach tossed with oyster mushrooms, red onion and cilantro vinaigrette, topped with grilled prosciutto and applewood cheddar... very tasty.

For entrees I had the Ribeye steak and my wife had the Tenderloin, both perfectly cooked to medium rare and with a very tasty light sauce. The tenderloin had a potato-chive spring roll which my wife liked but could eat only half. My potato was a simple double stuffed which actually seemed more like a mash back in the skin. The seasonal vegetables were cooked very much to my liking with still a bit of crispness.

Although in the end it did not matter, I was surprised that there was no bread served with the salad or with the dinner. Not a big deal unless you like places that have some artisan breads.

The wine list was minimal, a half dozen choices of red and a half dozen of white and nothing special in the mix.

Service was average. There was one other table of six and one fellow at the bar, so pretty quiet. We were left pretty much on our own, which is not all that bad.

We would not feel at all bad about taking visitors there for a good meal.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank GibsonsGolfer

Vancouver
“Great food!”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I really enjoyed my meal, friendly and attentive staff! I ordered the strip loin which was served with amazing garlic mashed potatoes and seasonal veggies, it was delicious and such a huge portion I couldn't finish it all. Great value for top notch fare. Will definitely be going back and maybe leave room for dessert next time!

1 Thank kipdynamit
“A Great Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

The Saltwater Chophouse and Lounge is new to Gibson's and a great addition to the community! The staff there is very friendly and pleasant to deal with. It is clean and airy and light and a great spot for a meal or a drink and a snack.
We went for Sunday Brunch with family and it was lovely. Some of our party had already been to the restaurant before a couple of times and the hostess not only remembered them but remembered what they ate and the special additions they had asked for. She was extremely attentive to the details and we enjoyed our meal there very much with her great service. Fresh coffee was always on the go. The food is fresh, local and delicious. Everything is made with attention to giving the diner quality food....we all had something different and each plate came to the table looking so mouth watering we could hardly wait to eat. The taste for each of us was just as good as it looked. I had a healthy breakfast option which was hot oat cereal with fresh fruit and yogurt it also came with a choice of toasted bread and fresh jam or marmalade which is made on site.
Pancakes with extra everything came for someone else and the pancakes were huge and enjoyed. A lovely breakfast of eggs and sausage ( again made on site ) with all the fixings...the potatoes are not fried here but roasted to perfection.
This restaurant wants to use local in season produce and I understand will change their menu to reflect the seasons....the menu for dinner was tempting but we just didn't have time to return. There is also a lounge area for those who just want a place to meet for a drink. The Saltwater is located in the heart of Gibson's and if you are there for business or pleasure it is definately a place to check out for any meal.

• Visited July 2011