The Bonniebrook Lodge
Sunshine Lodge Inn(Gibsons)(Great Value!)
$98
$85
Gibsons Garden Hotel(Gibsons)(Great Value!)
$107
$86
$125
$78
$97
Agoda.com
Horseshoe Bay Motel(West Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$116
$82
$78
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe penthousegas fireplaceocean viewjetted tubromantic weekendgarden suiteget awayfrench restauranther birthdaygreat qualitymy spousewonderful roomquiet retreatcomfortable bedcoffee makerkarensoaps
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I just spent a night at the Bonnie Brook Lodge. First, let me start by saying the Lodge is in a beautiful location, right across a small road from a beach. They keep the grounds very nice looking, some flowers and rose covered archways all among natural trees. The staff were very friendly upon check in, and getting our room was done efficiently.
I would give the lodge a 3 1/2 stars out of 5. Here is why....
The room was very clean, well decorated with a fireplace, queen bed and corner Jacuzzi tub.
It was a cool night, and the room was a bit cold. They informed us upon check in that the fireplace had been turned off for the summer. I was a bit disappointed by this, and when we returned from dinner, both my husband and I really wanted it on as it was a cold and grey kind of night. We called to ask if it was ok to turn it back on. For the next 15 minutes my husband was on the floor trying unsuccessfully to turn it on. Disappointing. I'm sure we could have called back to have someone come and do it for us, but really they should have sent someone in the first place as opposed to giving my husband the long explantation on how to do it over the phone. At this point I wanted a bath anyhow.
Next...off to the bath. It appears years of clientele have made their bath and shower faucets a bit of a delicate thing. They have little signs letting you know to be gentle with everything. No problem with the tub, but the shower was difficult to turn on, and the only way to close the shower door was to grab it from the bottom and pull hard.
They provide tea and coffee in the room. You do have to move the coffee machine to use it, and unfortunately for me, they only provided coffee (which I don't drink) or green tea or black tea (which I don't like at night). It would have been nice for at least one choice of herbal tea in the selection for us non caffeine people. My husband ended up driving to the nearest grocery store to get us a selection of drinks, and some tea bags for me.
FInally, although I knew in advance that the restaurant would be closed for our stay....I felt somewhat disappointed. Part of coming here is the ability to eat at such a fine restaurant, enjoy a bottle of wine and walk back to your room. For some reason, I also thought this was a bed and breakfast lodge. It is not. If you want breakfast....I'm really not sure what they provide. There was no indication this was even an option for us.
To top it off, we were charged an extra fee as we were only staying one night. I knew about the fee, but It was quite a bit considering no fireplace, damaged showers/plumbing and no restaurant for the bed and breakfast/romantic dinner aspect that I would expect from such a lodge.
Overall, our stay was not what I expect for a 4 or 5 star! Would I come back....maybe, but I would wait until the renos are done, or perhaps only on evenings when their restaurant is open.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Limegirl1289
Gibsons2011, Owner at The Bonniebrook Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

We - the owners, certainly do go out of our way for our guests, comments in previous reviews attest to this - however we are fully aware that we cannot please all the people all the time, from our reviews and guest comments in the guest books, we really do make most of our guests very happy to stay here. The Bonniebrook Lodge is an Ocean front Inn, not a Bed and Breakfast and we do provide a breakfast basket on request. We do make our guests aware that staying in a 1929 building does have someshort comings, so we inform our guests of such. Leaving the fireplace pilot lights on in the summer is not prudent as the tempurature of the room climbs to 85 degrees, so we have to leave them off, they are not easy to re-light When the restaurant is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays - our guests are aware and often stay Sunday Monday or Tuesday Wednesday as we have a 2 night minimum at the lodge, one night stays are not the most economical as the cleaning and use costs far exceed the rates hence the suppllemental charge for one night stays, this does give the impression that the stay is more expenisve, this is something we cannot do anything about. We have several herbal tea sachets in the restaurant and since we live on site could have brought a selection to the room, or even fresh mint leaves from our gardern - one only needs to ask. Dining at chasters is a fabulous experience and we do suggest a return visit for a wonderful meal here.
Lina & Mark

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This place is great and the restaurant is first class, we love it!

Room Tip: The kid friendly romance suites are very cozy and the garden is very relaxing.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I can't say positively enough about my stay at the Bonniebrook Lodge recently.
I needed a quiet contemplative place to stay whilst helping prepare for a loved ones funeral service and my suite at the Bonnibrook was perfect.
My last night I had booked a family dinner that was absolutely fantastic and it was the perfect way to close a very personal day.
Thanks so much for your service and care Lina,
I will return for sure.
CatherineJ

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Completely rejuvenated. The best 5 nights of sleep I've EVER had. I haven't slept the same since. If I were to describe heaven in 4 words they would be "Sleeping at Bonniebrook Lodge". Top Notch. I spent 220 nights in hotels/B&Bs last year & the 5 at Bonniebrook were the most restful. Thank You Lia & staff for THE BEST STAY EVER!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Thanks to Lina and staff for a deluxe accomodation and very comfy beds. We felt so welcome from the moment we checked in, none of the usual "drama" with some B&B's....Just good old fashioned hospitality and top notch rooms. Would return in a heartbeat, as our out-of-town guests were more than thrilled with high level of service.

Room Tip: we thought the top floor East facing room was the nicest layout.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family