All reviews catching the ferry sunshine coast perfect location pickup pet
Selected filters
Reviewed June 27, 2015 via mobile

This place is a major dive! The dishes in the kitchenette were disgusting one of which had a huge spider under in my opinion housekeeping seen it and freaked out, the floor by the small eating table had a huge hole in it where my phone fell into and I had to reach into a cobweb infested hole to retrieve it, the bed smelled funky and it squealed every time we moved, the bathroom had mould above the shower, do yourself a favour, never stay here and don't let anyone you know stay here!

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Annoyed589
Reviewed June 16, 2015

The sunshine coast has a lacking of decent places to stay, after staying at the so called fancy waterfront "resorts" I choose the Cedar Inn. It is clean, spacious, the staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is super, sushi and a pub close by, right across from the Gibson's mall. Oh and you can bring your pets :).

Room tip: I recommend staying in the courtyard area.
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2015

I've stayed here 4 times over the past 5 years. The service is always excellent and the rooms are clean. It's unfortunate to see negative reviews on here in the way of aesthetics. While driving up, anyone can see from space that this is an older hotel. No, it probably hasn't been updated since 1991 - complete with wallpaper border and a CRT tv. However, whenever I'm out here, I'm not usually hanging out in my room. It's basically a place to shower and sleep.

As some of the previous posters have stated, some of the rooms do tend to have a bit of a "musty" scent, but if you get a room with a door to the outside, then you can air it out a bit and it's non-issue. I found the larger suites (with sofas) have less of a scent as well. I have been in one of the smaller rooms upstairs where there was no door and no window that opened and it bothered me.

The rooms are quiet and the beds are generally comfortable enough to have a decent night sleep. It can be chilly if you come in one of the colder months - there's usually a stand up heater.

The free wi-fi is reliable.

This hotel is very central with the mall across the street, rec centre 400 metres away and the movie theatre next door. Lower Gibsons is a 10 minute bus ride (or a fairly short/cheap cab ride). Lots of great restaurants around. All in all you get what you pay for. This is not a fancy shmansy hotel but if you're just looking for a place to crash for a night or 2, it's fine.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Industreal
Reviewed March 30, 2015

Great group of people to work with. We love using this facility to house our travelling performers at the local Heritage Playhouse. Always a great review from the performers and everyones needs are well taken care of.
I highly recommend this facility on your travels!

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2015

Whenever we are visiting family in Gibsons, we stay at the Cedars Inn. While the rooms are definitely in need of updating; the service, price and size of rooms are all great. We also like the proximity of the mall and restaurants. Excellent Japanese food on site at Won's too!! Because we usually bring our dog along, we stay in a lower level room off the parking lot (convenient!). Rooms are very large and have a little kitchen which works well for us. When we don't have our dog, we stay in an upstairs room facing the courtyard. These rooms are incredibly large and they have a huge deck as well. My family and I always take advantage of the complimentary breakfast coupon at Tim Hortons. It is a tradition for us to visit Timmy's each morning for our special treat. I think Cedars REALLY needs to promote this breakfast deal. I don't think the majority of guests are aware of it. Also, call the hotel directly to make sure you are getting the best deal. The cost per night has been posted on several sites at $30 - $40 more than we were charged when we called the hotel directly. Good people, good deal, great location, somewhat outdated but large, clean, quiet rooms. Enjoy your stay!

Room tip: Kitchen is great for an extended stay (rooms off parking lot), otherwise, 2nd floor facing courtyard.
Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Mario L, Manager at Cedars Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review, it seems today people are quick to be negative and less likely to take the time out of their day to say something positive. At the Cedars Inn we do our best to treat our guests to the best of our ability and we are very pleased that you keep visiting us.