“worth a stop”

Grande Cache Tourism and Interpretive Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on Highway 40 and surrounded by stunning vistas of the Canadian Rockies, the Grande Cache Tourism and Interpretive Centre has much to offer the curious traveler and long time resident. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are available to answer questions and help you make the most of your time in our beautiful mountain town. We offer hiking guides, maps and loads of information about the area.In addition, the Centre also showcases the fascinating history of the area through exhibits and displays: featuring ice age artifacts, dinosaur tracks, Aboriginal heritage and fur trading, full animal mounts, tree and geological descriptions and local industry.
alberta
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“worth a stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

A neat little mini museum. Lots of unique local items of interest

Grande Prairie, Canada
“worth a look”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

very helpful staff; great artwork we stopped there last summer we also liked the forestry cabins on display in the yard

Nelson, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You Have To Stop HERE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

I really didn't know what to expect when we passed through Grande Cache. Living all my life in BC, I AM a scenery snob and really didn't have high hopes for ALBERTA!! I certainly wasn't prepared for just how breathtakingly beautiful Grande Cache is! AND I've stopped at a lot of tourism centres over the years; mostly for the bathrooms ;-) but Grande Cache's Tourism Centre is a MUST see! It's awesome! So much to look at! Our visit happened to coincide with a children's summer program on Spiders which my daughter was allowed to join in - gave us a chance to explore the grounds surrounding the centre (nice spot for a picnic!) and then back to the Centre to a meeting room they have upstairs so the kids could do a craft. And the write up didn't mention all the great stuff to buy in the gift shop. Jump start on my Christmas Shopping!

Visited July 2011