This property is perhaps 2 years old... at the edge of the town. Opened as a Best Western, but now is now part of the Lakeview chain. In March, they were offering a rate special of $99
On the hotel's business card is "Business Casual. Family Friendly". That really captures the difference in this hotel. At the front desk are free packets of microwave popcorn, individual wrapped candies, and quite often cookies or pastries. Next to the lobby is one computer, along with a free movie dispenser. Yes, there are disk players in the rooms.
The free breakfast includes 5 types of cold cereal, fresh individual fruit, scrambled eggs, home fries, sausage or bacon, make-your-own waffles, bread and bagels for toasting, muffins, 3 types of juice. In that room, directly off the front lobby, is 3 tables of 2, 1 of 4, 1 of 8 and free Edmonton Journal.
Begginning In the afternoon, that room has 2 soups with crackers and fresh rolls. Additionally, on Wed is free pizza.
There's 3 floors, 1 elevator. Smoking rooms are on top floor. The hotel is set back from the highway, and back of the hotel faces a steep hill. Besides the front entrance, both sides have a card entrance with security camera.
Rooms are modern, spacious, and very clean, often with 2 Queen beds. Mattresses are especially comfortable. All rooms have a single serve coffemaker, microwave and half-size fridge with a small freezer. Stone vanity, hair dryer, tub surround, and a curved shower curtain. Large open closet. Heat, controlled by a wall thermostat, works well. Sheers and blackout drapes on the window.
Dark wood furniture, made in Alberta, includes a small square desk with 2 Shaker style chairs.
On the main floor is a compact fitness room till 10pm. LifeFitness equipment includes a treadmill, elliptical, bike, multi-station. There's a flat panel TV, towels, but nothing to clean the equipment, no cooler, and no fans. Through the frosted glass was a washroom, shower, and an out-of-order hot tub.
The Holiday Inn Express just west down the highway offers various merchants in their extended parking area (Tim Hortons, Sobey's, Shoppers Drug Mart, Subway, and Walmart). However, I still preferred this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Lakeview Inns & Suites - Slave Lake, we go above and beyond to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. We offer a wide range of room types to meet any traveler's requirements. This home appeal carries on into the morning with a free deluxe continental breakfast. Our guests are welcome to relax in our hot tub and use the high-end fitness equipment in our exercise room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lakeview Inns & Suites - Slave Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Inn & Suites Slave Lake Hotel Slave Lake
- Lakeview Inn And Suites Slave Lake
- Lakeview Inns & Suites - Slave Lake Alberta