“THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY STOPOVER”

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Slave Lake AB

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We travel all over Alberta and often stay at super8 hotels. We got in late, booked into our non smoking room. When we opened the door it smelled like cigarette smoke. I stepped outside and checked the door to make sure it was non smoking, it was. We stayed the night, but my allergies flated up from the smoke smell. I complained to the front desk when we were leaving (thinking she would give us a discount on the price) (nope, not even a sorry!) I would never stay there again! 2 weeks later we were in slave lake again and paid the extra to stay at the holiday inn! Now that hotel is great!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We are a family of four and had gone fishing for the day at Spruce Point, we were staying one night which came to a total of $124.99. We arrived late and the very small parking lot was full of work vehicles, the parking stalls were very narrow for our truck let alone 30 others. Check in was fast and the girl at the front desk was nice. The elevator appeared dirty and not washed in months. We arrived at our nonsmoking room and went in and the smell was a mixture of cigarette smoke, dirty rugs and dirty clothes. I took one look at the beds and I knew immediately we were not staying here. The mattresses were about 5 inches thick on the edges and 2 inches thick in the middle, they were completely worn out. My husband went to get a key for another room and it was exactly the same. I immediately phoned the Holiday Inn to get a room and we went to the front desk and checked out. The girl was very polite and gave us our money back. I can not believe that Super 8 would lend there name to this property. This place needs a major renovation including beds, new rugs and cleaning. The Holiday Inn was well worth the $45 extra dollars, it was heaven compared to this dump. Honestly you would have to pay me to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask to look at the room before you stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I'm a business traveller who spends 3 days per week in hotels all over the prairie provinces but hadn't been to Slave lake for a few years so checked Tripadvisor to see which hotels were good. This Super 8 came up as #2 so I thought I as safe. Not so.
I've never been so disappointed in a Super 8. Where to begin. I called and booked at a CPSA rate of $99 but when I arrived the lady said it's $124 & had to make a phone call to verify the rate of $99. Which I eventually did get. Then when I got to my room their was no work area or table to work at so I went down & asked if I could upgrade to a room with a work desk. She upgraded me to an Executive Room with a whirlpool tub for $129. I agreed, but when I got to the room still no work area. I decided I'd just work at the coffee table in this room.
Then I noticed that the carpet had pieces of dirt / lint all over it. I went back down & asked if any staff were available to give my carpet a quick cleaning - No one was.
I had a quick bite to eat & came back to do some work on my laptop. That was until I logged on to the painfully slow wireless network. It was so slow that I eventually gave up trying to do anything on it.
After all this I decided to fill up the whirlpool & relax. However, I ran into more issues. First off, when I started to fill the tub I noticed several pieces of debris floating in the water so I drained them out & started to fill again. Then, after filling the tub to just above the jets (about half full) I checked the water & it was barely warm never mind hot and now the water coming out of the tap was cool. I turned the water off & turned on the timer to start the jets but when I turned it on nothing happened! I was sure to turn the timer past the minimum time but still nothing.
I will not stay here again or recommend it to anyone I know.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Dale6888
kzafar, General Manager at Super 8 Slave Lake AB, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking your time to write the review and mentioning your concerns.
We take pride in customer service and go out of the way to satisfy our guest needs.
We are upgrading our hotel, so far we have done the following upgrade: New Mattresses, and new bedding, new drapery, hide a beds and new carpet in entire hotel. We will also be doing more upgrades in near future.
I hope you will give a chance to rectify ourselves. When you plan to come to Slave Lake in future please call me, or send me an email directly. I will offer you discounted rate and we will certainly change your opinion about our hotel.
Super 8 Slave Lake staff and I look forward to seeing you in near future.
Kind Regards
Kamran Zafar

Reviewed November 26, 2010

I must say, we got excellent service from Super 8. Our crew leaves early in the morning and hotel breakfast starts at 6am. We spoke with hotel manager and he arranged early breakfast for our entire stay. We also liked the guest appreciation evening. Hotel staff is very helpfull and caring. We will always stay at Super 8.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
kzafar, General Manager at Super 8 Slave Lake AB, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2010

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Slave Lake for your stay and taking your time to mention your satisfaction. Our guests feed back and appreciation is a great reward for Super 8 Slave Lake team.

Super 8 staff always focuses on guest come first approach and they put every possible effort to make our guests stay satisfactory.

Once again, Super 8 Staff thank you for staying with us and Super 8 team looks forward to seeing you with us in near future.

Kind Regards