“Too many issues!”

Super 8 Slave Lake AB
Super 8 Slave Lake AB
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Slave Lake
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I'm a business traveller who spends 3 days per week in hotels all over the prairie provinces but hadn't been to Slave lake for a few years so checked Tripadvisor to see which hotels were good. This Super 8 came up as #2 so I thought I as safe. Not so.
I've never been so disappointed in a Super 8. Where to begin. I called and booked at a CPSA rate of $99 but when I arrived the lady said it's $124 & had to make a phone call to verify the rate of $99. Which I eventually did get. Then when I got to my room their was no work area or table to work at so I went down & asked if I could upgrade to a room with a work desk. She upgraded me to an Executive Room with a whirlpool tub for $129. I agreed, but when I got to the room still no work area. I decided I'd just work at the coffee table in this room.
Then I noticed that the carpet had pieces of dirt / lint all over it. I went back down & asked if any staff were available to give my carpet a quick cleaning - No one was.
I had a quick bite to eat & came back to do some work on my laptop. That was until I logged on to the painfully slow wireless network. It was so slow that I eventually gave up trying to do anything on it.
After all this I decided to fill up the whirlpool & relax. However, I ran into more issues. First off, when I started to fill the tub I noticed several pieces of debris floating in the water so I drained them out & started to fill again. Then, after filling the tub to just above the jets (about half full) I checked the water & it was barely warm never mind hot and now the water coming out of the tap was cool. I turned the water off & turned on the timer to start the jets but when I turned it on nothing happened! I was sure to turn the timer past the minimum time but still nothing.
I will not stay here again or recommend it to anyone I know.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Dale6888
kzafar, General Manager at Super 8 Slave Lake AB, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking your time to write the review and mentioning your concerns.
We take pride in customer service and go out of the way to satisfy our guest needs.
We are upgrading our hotel, so far we have done the following upgrade: New Mattresses, and new bedding, new drapery, hide a beds and new carpet in entire hotel. We will also be doing more upgrades in near future.
I hope you will give a chance to rectify ourselves. When you plan to come to Slave Lake in future please call me, or send me an email directly. I will offer you discounted rate and we will certainly change your opinion about our hotel.
Super 8 Slave Lake staff and I look forward to seeing you in near future.
Kind Regards
Kamran Zafar

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Slave Lake AB

Reviewed November 26, 2010

I must say, we got excellent service from Super 8. Our crew leaves early in the morning and hotel breakfast starts at 6am. We spoke with hotel manager and he arranged early breakfast for our entire stay. We also liked the guest appreciation evening. Hotel staff is very helpfull and caring. We will always stay at Super 8.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
kzafar, General Manager at Super 8 Slave Lake AB, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2010

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Slave Lake for your stay and taking your time to mention your satisfaction. Our guests feed back and appreciation is a great reward for Super 8 Slave Lake team.

Super 8 staff always focuses on guest come first approach and they put every possible effort to make our guests stay satisfactory.

Once again, Super 8 Staff thank you for staying with us and Super 8 team looks forward to seeing you with us in near future.

Kind Regards
Kamran Zafar
GM Super 8 Slave Lake

Reviewed June 3, 2009

My family and I just recently went to visit some family up near Lesser Slave Lake. We arrived late at night and pulled into the Super 8 hoping to get a room. The girl working the front area was extremely accommodating and made us feel at home, I believe her name was Jennifer. She was able to give us a good rate on the room and was able to keep the pool open a little longer for my family. The rooms were definitely comfortable and we had a hard time waking up the next morning. Breakfast was good, they had all we needed, with fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, and good coffee! We liked it so much there and the staff were so helpful, we stayed 2 more nights there.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2009

My colleges and I were looking for a safe and comfortable place to stay in Slave Lake. We looked at the other competitors and found staff rude and not helpful at all. The staffs at the Super 8 were very accommodating and helpful. The rooms were clean; the waffles for breakfast were to die for, and not to mention the home baked muffins. They were also the only hotel in the area with a pool and hot tub. Who could ask for more? I would definitely stay again and recommend them to anyone going to Slave Lake.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2009

I was visiting Family and decided to stay with the Super 8. I was very impresed with the quality of service and the fact the rooms were very clean and comfortable. It was also a big bonus that this hotel is the only one in town with a swimming pool and has a great continental breakfast. Highly recomended.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)