“Business Stay”

Days Inn & Suites Whitecourt
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Whitecourt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Nice big clean fresh rooms. There was a fridge which surprised us. We had very pleasant staff greet us and send us on our way. The beds were very comfortable and the room was affordable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fort St. John, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

a great hotel, good room, nice service & people...but i was here in the early spring, so there was LOTS of mud from the local industry guys staying here. I had a suite, with a kitchenette, and separate bedroom - in which had a lovely fireplace for heating the room - quite lovely. Very clean, and fairly quite.

Room Tip: I was looking for a non smoking room in Whitecourt while traveling through - this was all i could fi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
St. Albert, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night on business. The front desk clerk was polite and friendly. The breakfast, included with our stay, was sufficient and convenient. The room was clean and tidy, but the sheets were very itchy. I still have a rash from them! The noise was constant - both outside from the parking lot and highway traffic and inside from the slamming doors and other guests. Bring earplugs if you want a good nights sleep!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lethbridge, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Wow, I would have never thought I would experience bold faced lying from 2 managers.
On September 14 we were staying at the Hinton Nova Inn. At check out from Hinton I asked the clerk to contact Whitecourt to ensure my reservation for a "suite" was in order. The clerk brought me a note right to my breakfast table indicating she had contacted the Nova Inn at Whitecourt and that everything was in order with my suite and that the rate was $138.00 CDN.
When we arrived at check in in Whitecourt, the front desk clerk was checking in other patrons. A couple had just arrived before us, they were "walk in " patrons with no reservations. They were checked into a "suite". When it came time for me to check in, I was told there were no suites avaialble. The front desk clerk was leaving her shift for the day, while the General Manager took over the desk. She told me that she found no reservation for our suite, and simply said that there was nothing she could do. She said we could get two rooms if we wanted. I asked if the hotel would provide two rooms for us at $138.00??? What we had budgeted? "NO!" I then
asked to speak with the Manager, she said the Manger/owner was away. We needed a place to stay, so we agreed to the extorted price for the two rooms! In the morning at check out, the same
General Manager was on shift, I checked out and asked to speak with the Manager, I was again told she was away. I asked for her name. I was told it was Donna (--). When I got home I called to Donna (--) and explained the situation. Donna would not do anything or even apologize. She said that they were no longer under the Nova Inn "flag ship" and she was the new owner of the yet to be named "new hotel"..... I explained the rude treatment that we received from her General Manager..... "big deal!"

Folks, this "Nova Inn" Whitecourt, or what ever the new owner, Donna (--) will call it is not interested in customer service, they have a busy clientel of oil and gas employees and could care less about anyone. They have no concept of what a guarenteed reservation is, and how to honour their commitment to customer service. I wish them well, but they will never see us darken their doorways again.

Room Tip: This Inn is situated on a buy highway, any room facing the highway is very noisey.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Donna P, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Whitecourt, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Mr. Harold93
We are sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel on recently. We take your comments seriously and have taken corrective measure to improve our customer service. On your next visit to Whitecourt, please accept a complimentary night stay in a suite as our guest.

Management Nova Inn Whitecourt
MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Breakfast was good. Rooms were average. Front desk ladies were Great and a big help. We arrived in the evening and was cold and couldn't get any heat and I called the front desk lady and she asked me if the pilot light was on and I replied I don't know so she said I will be there and in a couple of minutes she was and had the pilot on the fireplace going and we had heat. That is what they heated the room with was a propane fireplace. Seems like a older hotel that they have tried to updated. I didn't really feel safe there. For the price of the room I will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family