Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Whitecourt
$63
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewslarge clean roomsseveral yearsjacuzzi suitefront desk staffhotel is locatedhot breakfastcomfy bedthe main highwayeasy accessnoisestopoverappsleepelevatorcerealpillowsking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here for a week. Typical Holiday Inn Express. Friendly, efficient, clean. Staff were great. One of the nights a local restaurant provided free dinner for guests (unexpected, and the food was very good).

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Good clean hotel, spotless rooms and beds. Plenty ofis hot water in the the shower. Breakfast options not bad at all. Stayed for 5 nights, only issue was with the noisy ice machine just outside my room. Place seems to be popular, as no other room was available. However left bathroom fan on all night to generate some white noise and slept well.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My experience with this hotel started with the original call to attempt to book two nights accomodation. Every hotel in Whitecourt was booked up on my second required night, the Holiday Inn included. It was soley based upon the personality, sense of humour, patience and professionalism of the front desk clerk that took my call (Marsha) that I decided to book for the first available night and take my chances with the waiting list.
Within 2 hours of my original call, Marsha called me back to inform me that she'd found me a room for the second night. I was thrilled!!
Upon arrival I was greeted by a cheerful front desk clerk (Kelsi), whom was just as fun, cheerful and energetic as Marsha had been. The employees at the desk obviously have a passion for what they do, and the public they serve. One of the best and most efficient check-in processes I've ever experienced.
The room was very well appointed...king-sized bed, couch, work desk with comfortable chair and an armchair in the corner. Mini-fridge, microwave and the requisite coffee pot. The bathroom and room were impeccably clean (my inspections usually reveal at least one stray hair somewhere...none here). My room was on the backside of the hotel so absolutely NO noise from the parking lot...only the heavy footed neighbor above me.
Breakfast was suprisingly good. I LOVED the pancake machine that makes them for you fresh upon request (a push of the button). Scrambled eggs, ham and warm cinnamon rolls were also available, along with the normal assortment of cereals, breads, juices fruit. Cartons of milk and yogurt were stocked in the cooler.
Heaven forbid I ever have to work in Whitecourt again, I will beg, borrow and steal to ensure this hotel is where I stay. Great job to all that work here!!
The only negative I experienced...the jacuzzi was closed for repairs during my stay. I was looking very much forward to this little perk.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Tanya S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Whitecourt, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Mr.Mark R
Thank You for staying with us, I am very happy that you recieved the very best care from our Front End Staff. They all take great pride in ensuring you recieve the best possible experience while staying with us. If you have chosen to become a Priority Club Member, please take a moment to complete your IHG survey that was emailed to you shortly after your departure.
We look forward to having you come and stay with us again!!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed for one night. The service was nice, friendly. The room was great, everything was very clean. The breakfast was good and the breakfast area was kept very clean. I appreciated the express checkout in the morning, was very convenient. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rpm42

Thank You for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites as your choice of hotel, we appreciate your taking the time to give us such positive feedback. If you are a Priority Club Member please take a moment and complete your IHG survey which would have been emailed to you shortly after your departure.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hotel is right off the road, and perfect for the traveler. My wife and I were so tired we would have stayed anywhere but this turned out to be a great property. The front desk staff was very helpful and got us into the room quickly without any proir reservations. The room was perfect with clean bedding and a clean bathroom.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple