“Good food for big appetites”
Review of Firehouse Diner

Firehouse Diner
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Excellent food here and big portions. I recommend trying the deep fried pickles as an appetizer. We both enjoyed our meal. I had meatloaf and my husband the burger and they were both most excellent. Nice, down to earth food.

1  Thank Sue A

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Roll up to the Firehouse Diner, park your ride, and experience great food behind the flames in the window.

Brother ordered the Rookie Breakfast and what a platter it was. Perfectly done eggs, lightly browned toast, and fragrant home-cut hash browns - a feast for the eyes and the tummy.

The outlaw and I enjoyed Marilyn's Salad, written up as "mom's recipe" and so crunchy and delicious that we had to remind ourselves that we were on the road in the Cariboo. Marilyn's salad was filled with crunchy greens, with slices of crisp pear, candied pecans, and a sublime honey lime vinagrette.

Do try the "Cariboo Calamari" - the deep fried dill pickle slices. Fun to eat and tasty, too.

The Firehouse is in the old Gold Dust cafe space, on Birch Street, one block east of Hwy 97. This is a great location with lots of street parking and neighbouring shops to check out. You'll know the place by the huge flames painted on the window.

The menu is based on firehall eats, and t-shirts for your favorite firefighter are available at the cash desk.

1  Thank vancouvermuffy2016
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Great people who were happy to have us. Very nice food (try the pickles!) with large servings. Definitely on my 'to do again' list.

1  Thank CrzySid25
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Loved the deep fried pickles (LWebbers 2 year old is right!). Great food, and a very interesting menu. Love the fire dept. decor - even bought a couple of teeshirts for firefighter pals.
If you eat no place else in 100 Mile House - find this restaurant.

1  Thank kimpg
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

The firehouse is fantastic, good food and great service! There is only 2 restaurants I would refer to my clients in town and this is one of them! We are never disappointed and my 2 year old loves the deep fried pickles he will eat the whole plate if he could! The ladies there are wonderful especially Cindy! Portions are very filling and good value for your money! Gotta try their deep fried pickles if u are a fan of them!!