“They have a lot to learn about customer service.”

Super 8 100 Mile House
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in 100 Mile House
Fruita, Colorado
“They have a lot to learn about customer service.”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We reserved 2 rooms that were labeled as being a "mini-suite" with kitchenettes including a stove top. Upon arriving late in the evening of our first night we were told the rooms we reserved were no longer available and had been given to a large group of contractors and workers that arrived earlier. The only 2 remaining rooms that were available were their "pet rooms" that smelled horrible and did not appear to be very clean. They didn't have an explanation for why we didn't get our reserved rooms other than "they aren't available". We were told to check with them the next day to see if all of the contractors had checked out so we could be switched to our reserved rooms. After a long day in the area we arrived back around 4:00 pm the following day to an empty parking lot so we assumed they would have been able to get us into our reserved rooms. We asked if we could be moved to some rooms on ther upper level since the contractors above us started their racket at 4:30 am the 1st day? When we got into the office a new worker told us she was not able to switch our rooms and the pet rooms were the only ones available again. After a few minutes of arguing to no avail we just decided to spend our last night in our stinky rooms since we were leaving early the next morning. We got back into our rooms and neither had been cleaned or picked up that day. At breakfast both mornings there were numerous missing items that they just apologized for and said they would order more of, but were still missing both days. We were treated very poorly at this place and it truly lives up to the Super 8 experiences we have had way too many times. If we happen to be in this region again at some point we would definitely plan ahead better so we wouldn't have to stay at this poorly managed, poor quality motel with very poor customer service.

Room Tip: Book a room at a different motel in 100 Mile House.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
LWebber16, Manager at Super 8 100 Mile House, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for your review, I looked at your booking that you had made and saw you made your booking through expedia which is a third party booking, in our system it showed your reservation in a pet friendly room and it was allocated as such. When you arrived you were asked if you had pets because we saw in our system that was what was booked, at that time We did have contractors already booked into those rooms since they were availble at the time of their booking, it was disscussed if they had left we could accomidate you into those rooms prior to you leaving for the day, but with no guarntee that would be available. When you returned we still did not have those rooms available and were unable to move you to a different room due to us being fully booked for that evening. I appologize that your room was not up to your satsifaction, we pride ourselves with the cleaniess of our motel and wish to make every guest feel welcome. We appologize again for the inconvience and want you to know that we take every review seriously and always strive to improve our skills, if you have any questions or other inquires please do not hesitate to call me directly at your convience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is the second time staying at this hotel. Been impressed both times.Rooms are very clean and have everything that is required for a comfortable stay. Rooms are fairly updated,beds and pillows are excellent for a great night sleep. Air-con worked perfectly. Recommend this hotel to even fussy people. Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Stayed on 1st floor and 2nd floor....boths rooms were quiet each time.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oregon Coast
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,666 helpful votes
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I think this is a fairly new Super 8.

The four of us just dropped in with no reservations and got two rooms, each with two queens. We only needed one pet room but I think both of them were. The rooms were large and very clean. Each had a refrigerator and microwave and the beds were comfortable. We were downstairs but did not hear anybody above us clomping around.

I usually take pictures of the rooms but apparently I forgot to!

The desk clerk was friendly and the continental breakfast in the morning was fine. We felt the price at $110 senior rate was a touch on the high side, but on the other hand this hotel is a long way from much competition!

I had one minor "complaint".

Our room had been sprayed with a rather strong deodorizer, maybe because it was a pet room? We had to turn on the A/C and open the window wide to air the room out. After an hour or so, it was much better and we slept fine. Neither one of us is particularly sensitive to room fresheners - it was just a very strong smell.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank half-Brit
kamloops
Reviewed March 26, 2012

working with coeix utilities we have spent many nights at the Motel and I have nothing but Kudos for Super 8 as they have been awesome. The rooms are always clean and the staff more than accommodating especially Lana, the Manager, as she is always more than on top of everything we need. The rooms, even though the main highway is right close but the speed is so restricted it's not an issue noise wise.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Kamloops
Reviewed March 23, 2012

The company I work for puts our crew in this hotel every time we are in 100 mile. The service is always excellent and staff are all very helpful and friendly. It's nice to stay in a place where the manager and staff are approachable and accomidating whenever we need anything at all.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2011

This was, by far, the best hotel stay I've had in a long time. The staff here bent over backwards to help my husband and I in a rather limited position. We were in a semi wreck near Clinton and were left stranded 700 miles from home. They let me make phone calls on my good word that I would pay for long distance with my debit card in the morning. This was important as it allowed me to let my Mom know that I was ok. Also they let us keep the room extra long at no charge so that we had time to get our rental vehicle all straightened out and get all our preverbial 'crap' together. I could go on with more, but I think that probably gets the point across. Excellent service, THANK YOU SUPER 8 in 100 Mile House, BC.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank TotesMaGoats
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I had to be "upgraded" because the toilet in my first room did not work. I was put in the jacuzzi suite. The floors were stained, the bedding was looking very old and the cleanliness was mediocre and the breakfast was horrible. Lots of road noise too.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
#5 of 7 in 100 Mile House
108 Resort
108 Resort
#2 of 2 in 108 Mile Ranch

Been to Super 8 100 Mile House? Share your experiences!