“STAY AWAY”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Alliston
Smiths Falls, Canada
“STAY AWAY”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

dont let the pictures fool you the pool is very dated as is the restaurant our room was allright except for stains on the bedspread and lack of toiletpaper we asked housekeeping and she said there waiting on their order so we used kleenex and about an hour later she said she found an extra roll in another room and when you go for a swim you have to sign in and out as well as the towel you use and the so called breakfast barley gave you a choice and you have to tell them what room your in what a joke next time we will drive ahead to barrie and stay there

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cindy J
RPI2011, General Manager at Red Pine Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay.

We are disappointed to hear that you did not like our indoor salt water pool. Our recreation area is part of the memberships of over 200 members in Alliston, therefore we require a sign in and sign out for tracking purpose.

Our complimentary continental breakfast is offered to our hotel guests, the restaurant is open to public, for tracking purpose we ask each hotel guest for the room number.

We apologize for the misunderstanding with regard to the toilet paper shortage, after investigating with the housekeeping manager, we have found that there was no shortage of toilet paper.

Thank you for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed June 26, 2012

To call this an 'inn and conference centre' is a vast overstatement. The owners have tried to dress up the tiny, dark motel rooms with nice carpeting and sheets and cram in every conceivable 3.5 star chain hotel amenity- granite counters, ironing boards, bar fridges. But a dark, tiny motel room is a ear, tiny motel room. I had to unplug the noisy bar fridge to fall asleep... Then regretted it when I was awakened by all the roadside traffic noise resonating through the thin walls. I give the owners kudos for trying, but the rooms aren't worth the price. Nice, helpful front desk staff however. Keep them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road as the walls are thin.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank VictoriaToronto
, General Manager at Red Pine Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Victoria,

Thank you for your feedback and concern in regards to your stay with us.
As per our private message communications, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Best Regards,
Alexandra Braidford

Travelers are raving about these Alliston hotels

Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 3, 2012

we booked this MOTEL the first week of march to play in a hockey tourney and we charged $149 a night to stay at this hole. The rooms smelled of old cigar smoke, there were no where for the kids to play other than the pool. This is a $49 a night place not $149 we did not eat at the restaurant so i can not comment on that. The place was clean the bathroom doors did not close in many of the rooms the heater fans were loud and the 1965 colman stove they call a kitchenette was not used. We left after one night as did many others and found another place to stay. They were charging $119 a night for non hockey teams but $149 for us. As i type this i still can't get the room smell off me.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Chris N
RPI2011, General Manager at Red Pine Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Mr. Chris N.

On behalf of The Red Pine Inn & Conference Centre, I was disappointed to read your comments regarding the issue of the room rate and your mischaracterization of the room’s housekeeping features.
I left you a voice message on Monday, March 5 to follow up on your review. Unfortunately I have not received a return call from you.
After much investigation within our electronic in-house systems we have found that there are discrepancies between our recorded findings and the information that you have posted on TripAdvisor.
I would like to explain and clarify these discrepancies with you on the telephone, and I am looking forward to your return call.

Yours in hospitality,
Alexandra Braidford
Windsor
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here because we were visiting friends close by. We decided on Red Pine Inn because of its proximity to our friends house. The location is right off the highway so we found our way in and out very easily and they have a great sports store across the street (my boyfriend loved it). The rooms were spacious and clean. We would definitely recommend this place and we will most likely be back soon!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Everett, Washington
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My family and I have been going to the Red Pine Restaurant and staying at the Inn for the last 20 years. Last Sunday (July 17th 2011) my wife and I went to the restaurant for some breakfast. I ordered sausages and eggs, my wife seen some cereal on a table in another room. She asked the waitress for some corn flakes, who in turn asked the manager, she was told she couldn't have the cereal because it was part of the Complimentary Continental Breakfast which was for the hotel guests only. I can't for the life of me see how one bowl of cereal could upset their precious system so easily. I think the Pine is in need of a new manager, one that can see past the rules and take care of the clients.
I think if the Inn was still run by the original owners instead of a corporation this would never have happened.
There are plenty of other restaurants in Alliston and from now on my family and I will be enjoying our meal at one where the management can think outside the box and cares more for their clients than rules.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank 58466Jackson
RPI2011, General Manager at Red Pine Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear about your bad experience in our restaurant on July 17.
We have emailed you a personal message through Tripadvisor last week, hoping that we could speak with you on the phone to rectify this issue.
We look forward to hearing from you as soon possible and would like to welcome you back to our restaurant.
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I stayed at the Red Pine Inn in Alliston to attend a local function. We didn't want to spend too much money but also wanted the conveniences of the surrounding business amenities so we decided that Red Pine Inn would be our best bet as it's located directly within Alliston.

The facilities and room were extremely clean. The reception and the restaurant were very tidy and the customer service was pleasant and quick. There is a pool and a play area for children and I found the stay very peaceful for the short duration of time we were there. Our room was air-conditioned and came with mini fridge, coffee maker and other toiletries and comfort nick-nacks.

When booking, the Inn only had one room left, which was a smoking room. Now, being that I had quit smoking over two years ago, I didn't think that it would bother me too much. But upon arrival, we realized that the odour was extremely pungent. I would definitely not stay in a smoking room again, the smell is unbelievable. However this was out of necessity.

All in all, the Inn in my view is simply a well-cared-for motel. I found it a tiny bit pricey for what it was but if I needed to visit Alliston again and required lodging I would likely repeat my visit, but NOT in a smoking room.

Room Tip: A very clean and tidy well-maintained motel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeasideSteph
Reviewed March 7, 2011

This hotel complex offers good value, and is very centrally located to where the event was! The rooms are well appointed, and well pretty maintained...as is the rest of the complex. Parking was a bit of an issue due to the amount of snow...and the amount of trailers we all had...but this is not the norm. I never knew this establishment existed, and will be using it again. (stayed in the hotel block, as opposed to the motel side at the front)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alliston
Hockley Valley Resort
Best Western Plus Orangeville Inn & Suites
Super 8 Barrie
Super 8 Barrie
#3 of 19 in Barrie
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Bolton
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Barrie
Best Western Voyageur Place Hotel

Been to Red Pine Inn & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!