“Very Disappointed”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alliston
Nottawasaga Inn Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Alliston
Milton, Canada
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I took a hockey team to a tournament in Bradford this past weekend. My teams have been doing this for a number of years now and we have always stayed at the Inn. We rent 16 rooms and a conference room. Three of the families got stuck on the first floor in rooms that I can only describe as disgusting. For the same money as the other people in the inn paid these people were subject to rooms where the window was six feet off of the floor looking at a wooden wall. The rooms had a musty smell as though you were in the basement. We were told that the inn was full so there was nowhere to move the people. It's unfortunate that these families were subjected to this because otherwise the facility is great.
I would certainly suggest that if anyone stays at the inn and is given one of the rooms on the first floor, that unless you want to stay in a cave, that you don't accept it. If I were to return I would certainly make sure that they know that these rooms are not acceptable before I booked.

Room Tip: Don't touch rooms in the dungeon on the first floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Coach0001
Nottawasaga, Manager at Nottawasaga Inn Resort, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your team member’s accommodations on this occasion and would like to address your concerns.

Please know that the resort is very diligent and fair in blocking hockey teams together on the same floors as best as physically possible. With all tournaments, bedrooms are booked on a first come first serve basis and this particular floor is the last to be blocked based on time of reservation confirmation. The availability within the hotel was extremely limited when your team booked and our reservations department would have expressed this to your team mates as well as explained the limitations of booking a team altogether on one floor on sold out weekends. Although, these hotel rooms were not near the rest of the team block, they were located quite close to your team hospitality suite, allowing for convenient access for these room occupants.

All three of these rooms, two of which have a walkout with a view of the river, have been recently fully renovated. We checked our guest history and there are no odour complaints recorded for these three rooms during your stay. We wish that you had brought your concerns to our attention during your stay so that our housekeeping staff would have had the opportunity to address and rectify the odour to ensure your stay was comfortable. We apologize that these rooms were not to your liking and that alternative room assignments could not be made due to full occupancy of the hotel. Should you return in the future for a hockey tournament we encourage you to book as early as possible so that you can secure a room that is more to your liking.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We have noted your concerns on your guest and team profile and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Buckhorn, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This Inn was built in the early 1970s and it has continued to evolve into a wonderful hotel destination for families. There are many, many meeting rooms of all sizes for business or weddings. There is a garden for weddings and a double hockey rink next door for your skating pleasure. On site there is a great aquatic centre and indoor tennis. The food is very good and in particular you should have the Sunday brunch. Reasonably priced, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Nottawasaga, Manager at Nottawasaga Inn Resort, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us and for the kind words about our resort. You are most certainly correct that our 575-acre all season resort offers a wide range of activities and amenities for our guest’s enjoyment in both the summer and winter months and we are delighted to hear that you were able to experience our heath and fitness centre as well our restaurants during your stay. Thank you again for posting a review and we hope that you will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the resort in the future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I traveled to this hotel for a 3 day environmental conference in November (the A.D. Latornell Symposium)

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much... But I was blown away by the service and food. Lobby was warm and welcoming - I think they recently renovated.

The whole three days was catered by their staff in the Bio Dome and the food was amazing. Healthy, nutritious and locall sourced. Autumn in Ontario called for legumes of all kind, local grains, delicious soups and wonderful side dishes. I'm a vegetarian, so typically hotel fare is mediocre at best with lame salads and fruit platters.. But the Nottawasaga totally astounded me with their very rich and sophisticated menu choices.

The rooms were good. Nothing fancy, but clean with no complaints.

I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at the Nottawasaga Resort. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us during your conference and that both our staff and dining options met your needs throughout your entire stay. Our culinary team works quite diligently to ensure that there are food options available to all our guests that accommodate their dietary requirements whenever possible. Thank you as well for your comments on our recent lobby renovation. We’re currently in the process of many updates and improvements to the resort, including the recent completion of a renovation and redesign to the Riverview Dining Room as well as the second phase of our bedroom updates.

Thank you again for your positive feedback and we’ll be sure to share your kind words with our team. We hope to see you again soon!
Ancaster, Ontario
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Last visit here was 10 years ago. The newly renovated front lobby looks wonderful, and the front desk staff were very prompt and professional. Pool was nice; a special treat in the winter and change rooms were pretty clean. The hot tub was very hot (almost uncomfortable) and the number of young children allowed in it was concerning (only because of the temperature). Staff at the pool were also professional.

Mini putt was still in surprisingly great condition. Kids loved it, but at $5 a round, it can add up. Mini put was almost empty there during a weekend where it could have been busier (hockey tournament weekend). What about offering a free round with stay or a discounted second round?
Arcade games were old and unused.....time to update this area with new fresh ideas to encourage families to use this large area.

I did not use the gym but equipment looked good and the general feeling was that they cater to their members as it had a community centre atmosphere, rather than a resort. Ditto for the squash courts.

Owners, pay attention here:
Our experience at the Inn Cafe restaurant was very negative. They were very busy when we arrived but servers managed to get a table cleared quickly. I checked out the buffet option, which should really be a strong option that the restaurant should be encouraging (much easier on the kitchen) but it was very very unappetizing. The food (burgers, fries, pizza) took over 30 min to come out and was bland and other's meals were cold. There were obviously problems in the kitchen that night, despite the hard working servers. The biggest problem that I could see was the useless, pompous, I'm too good to roll-up my suit sleeves and help out manager. He literally stood at the front and watched his staff go down in flames. Finally he strolled around to pick up a few napkins and glasses without any real urgency or care for client satisfaction. For an establishment trying to take off with a new upbeat image, I have one word for this guy: anchor. He will only drag you down.
Breakfast buffet in The Crystal Ballroom (Riverview under reno) was basic. I know those were liquid eggs though...yuck! I saw a waffle maker station, but there were no waffles being made. Maybe they were for the brunch. Staff warm and attentive here.
Overall, this once lovely resort is trying to make some nice improvements, and trying to stay afloat in a very competitive market. It really is trying to be everything: hotel, business conference centre, family friendly, community fitness centre etc. I really hope they figure it out. I wouldn't be placing this hotel on my must-return-to list...maybe in another 10 years.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms to get fresh air. Spa rating refers to pool and hot tub.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CoolCanucks44
Hello CoolCanucks44,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent overnight getaway. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay despite some concerns and would like to take this opportunity to address them further.

Thank you for the kind compliments on our newly renovated lobby as well as our Front Desk, Recreation and Dining Room staff. We are certainly fortunate to have a great team here at the resort and I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Our indoor pool is a very popular spot for our guests and we do keep our hot tub temperature regulated so that it is at a comfortable level. While we do have staff at the pool to ensure the safety of our guests it is up to the parent’s discretion to allow their children to use the hot tub. We’re delighted to hear that your children loved our 18-hole, par 36 Jungle Quest mini-putt adventure! Many of our getaway packages include mini-golf passes as well on special holiday long weekend we offer half-priced mini-golf during certain times.

The arcade celebrates the classic era of video games, and those who grew up during this time, offering over 60 retro classics that will make you feel like a kid again. Many of our guests, both young and old, enjoy the opportunity to let loose and have fun on an extensive selection of pinball, racing, action and interactive games.

Our fully equipped gym offers an extensive line-up of fitness equipment as well as indoor tennis, three indoor squash and racquetball courts that are available for use by both hotel guests and members. Housed within a 3,000 sq. ft. facility, our gym provides a wide selection of cardio and exercise equipment offering everything you need for your daily workout.

Our culinary team works quite diligently to provide our guests with a delicious and innovative dining experience and in the future, please do not hesitate to voice any concerns you have with your meal to our staff so that they can correct it to your liking.

We celebrate a rich and vibrant history, having been a family owned business for over 45 years, and we pride ourselves on being a resort that tailors to a variety of clientele including corporate business, private functions as well as vacation travellers.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback. We strive to ensure our guests have a positive experience and certainly wish that you had voiced your concerns during your stay so that we could have remedied the situation immediately. Please know that we are fully available to address guest inquiries prior to, during and after your stay. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the future.
Ontario
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We were looking for somewhere in the area that served a real Sunday brunch. There are restaurants that offer brunch, but they are “a la carte” and the options are generally distinctly breakfast or lunch. I really like to occasionally relax on a Sunday morning with my eReader (and wife of course) in a place that serves a great range of buffet options so that my breakfast really transitions into lunch. Surely this is the true essence of “brunch”.

So having phoned around we found that the Nottawasaga provided this format brunch. To my knowledge it is the only one for some distance around that does. The only other one that I came across was “The Doctor's House” in Kleinburg, but it is double the price of the Nottawasaga.

Let me proceed with the review.

It's a nice setting overlooking the golf course of the resort. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The food was good and the value in my opinion is very good.

Having arrived at 11:15 we primarily had the foods that lent themselves to lunch rather than breakfast. There was an omelette station, and various breakfast items like danish pastries and fruit, etc. I had roast beef, pork loin in orange sauce, quiche, a really nice salad of zucchini and fennel (I want the recipe), cold mussels, various other sides, and some nice desserts. Everything ranged from good to very good. I appreciated that they had proper horseradish sauce and dijon mustard to go with the beef. They had staff to serve all of the hot food which meant that those things were properly closed up in the warmers when not being served.

The waitresses bringing coffee need a special mention. You will not run out of coffee, and the coffee is good and fresh.

All in all I very much recommend the brunch here. If they ever thought of offering some higher priced items like lobster and shrimp and having another option for that I think it would be nice. But I know that gets more complicated, so it's not a complaint of any sort.

We will be back here for another lazy brunch at some point.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share such a complimentary review of your Sunday Brunch dining experience. We are delighted to hear that the food quality, presentation and service were to your liking and I will be sure to pass along your comments to our restaurant and culinary team.

We’re pleased to share with you that we recently completed a redesign to the Riverview Dining Room and we hope that you will join us for Sunday Brunch again soon so that you can enjoy the atmosphere of the newly revitalized space.
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed December 19, 2013

For a place which isn't really a major destination town, the Nottawasaga Inn is actually pretty good. The food is decent, especially the buffet they offer, the rooms are fine as well. However, they have at least 3 golf courses (I have golfed 2 of them and they are pretty good), a really good recreation facility and a ton of meeting rooms. All in all a good place to go at a decen tvalue.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LookingForReasonable
We’re delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your positive comments about the food, service quality and the facilities at the resort - we’ll be sure to share your kind words with our staff.

Our property features 45 holes of golf on three courses offering serious and recreational players a scenic and unforgettable challenge. For your next stay you may want to consider our Stay’n Play golf package which offers three days of unlimited golf on all 45 holes. As well throughout the golf season we offer special value added promotions that can be accessed on our website. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife and I just returned from an overnight stay and gathering at the Nottawasaga Inn, and we certainly enjoyed the experience. Overall, it is clean, well organized and run and has quality amenities. We did not partake in any of the pools or sports programs, but from my vantage point, they were all in good condition and well attended with quite a few adolescents.

For what we were able to sample;
The Room: It was clean, and spacious for a basic room. The wallpaper was dated and the carpet a little worn, but the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean. Water pressure in the shower was a little weak, although I don't know if that was due to the time I took a shower or a general problem. In room amenities were basic but fit the needs. It would be nice if they included a bar fridge, but the everything was in good shape.
The Food: We attended a Christmas party and the buffet was great, above your average "office party" fare. In particular, the roast beef was excellent. The desert section was diverse, and good. In the morning, we ate in the Riverview Dining Room and had the $10.99 breakfast buffet. Food was decent and the price was super.
The Staff: Very friendly staff, in particular the woman attending us for breakfast. She made us feel at home.

All in all, a good resort, still in good shape and of good value.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent visit to the resort. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us during your stay and that the Christmas party was a success!

We appreciate your comments and wanted to take this opportunity to let you know that we are progressing with many upgrades to the resort including continuous updates and renovations to our bedrooms as well as the completion of a redesign of our Riverview Dining Room. We have an active environmental program in place throughout the resort and we do use low-flush toilets, showerhead and faucet aerators as part of our water conservation efforts. Our rooms do not come standard with a mini-fridge but for your next stay please do not hesitate to request one at the time of reservation.

Thank you again for taking the time to write and I will be sure to share your kind words about the dining and customer service with our team. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future so that you can experience the full line-up of amenities and services offered at the resort.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alliston
Red Pine Inn & Conference Centre
Super 8 Barrie
Super 8 Barrie
#3 of 19 in Barrie
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,096 reviews

Been to Nottawasaga Inn Resort? Share your experiences!