“Don't even think about cancelling your reservation!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alliston
Nottawasaga Inn Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Alliston
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Nottawasaga has a policy which states that no cancellations can be made within 30 days of your reservation. If you have children and they get sick or something else comes up, you have to pay the FULL PRICE of the room, unless they sell it off. How are you guaranteed that they will even try? Considering how much money this place makes off of all of the hockey teams that stay here - you would think they would let you off with 3 days notice like all of the other hotels. I have been to this hotel 2 times a winter for the last 4 years for hockey tournaments. They have 16 rooms guaranteed for two nights with our hockey team and won't let one family off for one night.

I stayed there between Christmas and New Year's for a hockey tournament. The water pressure was very poor and there was NO HOT WATER. We stopped trying to shower since it was such a horrible experience.

The beds did not feel fresh. The hotel is so poorly insulated that cold drafts enter through the exterior walls. Our sliding door did not lock properly as well.

The security is not good at maintaining order. I had a room with a connecting door to the adjacent room. My neighbours were smoking and the smoke was entering my room with under the connecting door. I called the front desk and asked them to deal with it. When the security arrived they knocked on the door. When they didn't answer, they just shrugged and walked away. I had to relentlessly pursue the front desk to deal with the situation. The guests were still there the next day and we went through it all over again the next night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LoveHolidays155002
Nottawasaga, Manager at Nottawasaga Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with our services on this occasion and would like to address your concerns.

In regards to your booking, our reservations department would have notified you of the 30 day cancellation policy at the time of booking. The resort is very diligent and fair in trying to resell rooms, especially on sold out hockey weekends. With 14 different teams in house during this tournament, we did try to accommodate all requests whenever possible and ensure that all teams were treated equally and fairly with respect to cancelled reservations.

We certainly strive to ensure that all of our guests enjoy a restful and relaxing stay and we encourage guests to report any concerns with their room to our Front Desk staff so that they can tend to the situation immediately. We did note in our files that you called regarding a noise complaint on two separate occasions and that the Security staff were sent to investigate the issue in each instance. We have a strict no smoking policy in the rooms; however guests with balconies are permitted to smoke outside.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We have noted your concerns on your guest and team profile and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We enjoyed our stay in the clean comfortable rooms. The fitness room and pool were great too.
We had the buffet one night and it was good and a reasonable price with lots of things for the kids.

I would recommend this place for sports teams. The hockey arena is just across the parking lot. We had a party room booked for us to get together for a pizza party.

I was surprised that the rooms were quiet. We were in an area with lots of teams around and were not disturbed by noise and slept well.

My only recommendation would be some coffee in the lobby in the morning for early starts.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and had an opportunity to use some of our resort amenities. We pride ourselves on being a family friendly resort and we hope that you’ll be able to join us again on a holiday weekend as we host a line-up of special family friendly activities for all ages that we’re sure your children will enjoy.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I will start out by saying this review is not from a travelers' perspective, but a professional perspective. If you are considering having your wedding or any other special event at the Nottawasaga Inn Resort, I will tell you it's definately a great choice!

I have a floral design/event decor business, and do a lot of work at a lot of different hotels, so I have some opinions about what I like in a venue. What I like is professionalism, attention to detail and helpful people. The Nottawasaga Inn has never come up short on any of these points. The staff continually go above and beyond what is expected. They are always on top of every detail, always more than helpful, and always willing to make my job as easy as possible. And, I am not even a paying customer - just someone showing up to do my part in helping a couple celebrate a great day.

And while I'm not usually there for the dinner service at the wedding, I am often there for a lovely breakfast the morning after. The food is always great - the Sunday brunch is fantastic!

I would highly recommend choosing the Nottawasaga Inn Resort for any function you might need.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SMM_9
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had a 2 night stay in the older part of the property in a standard room. Room was renovated and comfy. We did eat at 2 restaurants onsite. The most expensive one is not really fine dining, more like finer dining better than middle of the road restaurants.

Be aware that there is a "sports complex" that houses hockey tournaments. If you are staying during a tourney, there will be a lot of kids mulling about. Not a good situation to be in, especially if your room is close to the hockey players.

The nature trail is nice and you get to walk through some of the streets in the local community. Well laid out and thought out community plan. Overall, the inn is an okay stay with nothing spectacular. If you are planning a weekend stay, ask if there are any hockey tournaments - avoid this whenever possible. You can always get a good package deal through websites such as wagjag.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank wildkard
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We planned a Surprise birthday celebration for my husband's very important birthday with family and friends. We had 60 people with a full dinner and open bar, with many people staying overnight as they were from out of town. This event was perfect. The food, the banquet room, the service, the bartender, and the resort rooms, everything was above my expectations. Best of all, it was a Surprise. I will definitely book the Nottawasaga for any future functions. They made all areas of planning this event so nice. A night to remember.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Room was clean and comfortable with a shared bu steparated balcony. I arrived late and left early so I only saw the lobby and my room but it was nicely updated. The parking lot was under construction. It is very easy to find.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I recently stayed here during a conference. The Lobby has been rennovated and was quite modern. Others in my group had rennovated rooms, but mine was a bit tired. It did seem to have a new bed, and I am sure it will be getting an upgrade soon, but it was an average room in the current condition. Housekeeping was good, as the room was very clean.

Overall the facilities were good, and the service was polite, and quick. Food quality was good. Please note that it was fall and we were unable to use the grounds as there was not time to do so.

If you get aq good rate, and want a quick escape from Toronto, this is a good choice. Otherwise keep driving north for more options.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CanadianGuy2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alliston
Red Pine Inn & Conference Centre
Hockley Valley Resort
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Barrie
Super 8 Barrie
Super 8 Barrie
#3 of 19 in Barrie
Comfort Inn & Suites - Barrie/Essa Road
Best Western Plus Orangeville Inn & Suites

Been to Nottawasaga Inn Resort? Share your experiences!