“The only game in town”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2014

The decor was very dark and the furniture was not very comfortable, but we had relatively good service and the food was enjoyable. Even if we had another option, I think we would have probably chosen this restaurant. But, it is not a typical pub.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

The reviews for this venue were all over the place so I was rather reluctant about having lunch there with family, but it was a good meeting point for my family from Halifax and our heading south from PEI to Maine on the way home from a vacation week.
We started outside but the sky clouded up, so inside we went. Our waitress was terrific! I had an excellent salad, very fresh with chicken added and the others in my party were happy with their choices; fish and chips, another salad, Reuben deli sandwich, etc. Our food came in a timely manner, though I must say that the pub was almost empty on a Saturday at noontime. I'd certainly go back again for lunch.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We have eaten here about 10 times and the food is OK. This time it was just awful. I had a bowl of the chowder (for $9) and it was ridiculous. It consisted of a very watery milky broth and 3 TINY scallops and 7 pieces of potato. That was it, nothing else in it other than a few shredded carrots on top. Where was the fish is what I want to know. Never again.

4  Thank academic1
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We were recommended to go to Duncan's, but they had customers smoking pot outside, and once inside we were shown a table and then ignored for 30 minutes, so we left without ordering. Too many customers, not enough staff, poor service, and to cap it all a duo were about to start singing through poor quality microphones at mega-decibel levels, so no opportunity to talk either!

4  Thank gfrenc8106
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Upon recommendation, we dropped by for some food and drink. Glad we did. We had a very attentive waiter/owner? who really knew his stuff. It was a gorgeous day, and we stayed out on the patio, as did others; and people were coming and going inside also. Seemed like a popular spot, and now we know why. It's just plain GOOD, all-round.