“Excellent dining experience!”

Loon Onn Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 40 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We moved to the area 3 years ago and were delighted to find Loon Onn. We try to visit at least once a month and always take friends & visitors if time permits. We find the food, service, staff and location to be great! We plan to visit again tomorrow!
W. Green, Springhill NS

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We went there for a family lunch, we tried the food, rice was like putting white kids school glue directly into your mouth from the bottle. Also had a bad smell we didn't bother to stay but took the food for my dog to eat. My dog wouldn't even eat the stuff we brought home ........enough said.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We ordered two different lunch specials from a "no substitutions" menu. Both plates had chicken fried rice that was ridiculously dry, and an egg roll that I suspect was microwaved to heat it to the consistency of rubber. Linda's chicken chow mein was ok; my gai din was a little better. Portion sizes were fine, but the quality was quite disappointing. We are not likely to return here.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

The usual Chinese food found in every town. I;ve had better but it was OK. Cheep prices. Nothing special about the atmosphere. Not where I'd go for a romantic meal. Alright for a group of friends.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Okay... the food is sometimes okay here... but the service sucks, the atmosphere and smell of the place is dingy. This restaurant was created in the late 1970's and I think that was when it was last cleaned. There is nothing special here. At best you get an okay dish amongst several poor ones.