“Bella's - #1 in Amherst” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bella's Cafe & Bistro
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Canadian, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Description: 902-660-3090 - must add this to the list, a choice for people who do not want fast food nor pub food nor ok chinese. Huge surprise to find this delightful restaurant in this town. Lovely watercolors by local artist, guitar player - excellent food - went back twice in 24 hours - supper was beautiful haddock, rice and veg $12. Went back for lunch - yummy panini $8 , chowder $6 and salads $8. Very reasonable
“Bella's - #1 in Amherst”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Recommended by Tripadvisor & a friend who lives in Amherst, stopped here on the way to and from Cape Breton from NB. Restaurant exterior and interior welcoming, nicely decorated for the season, work by local artisans on display. Able to make reservations (travelling with 10 friends). With this number, service a bit slow. Food homemade and excellent, especially the lunch specials and seafood chowder, accompanied by a selection from a list of local wines. Enjoyed a dessert of Pumpkin Squares and one of the variety of nice teas available. Bella's ... No 1 in Amherst for lunch.

Havertown, Pennsylvania
“I'm glad we trusted TripAdvisor!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Traveling from Halifax, NS to Charlottetown, PEI (via the Confederation Bridge) we saw only one decent sized town to look for lunch - Amherst. Not being familiar with the area (we are from the States) the first thing we did was check out TripAdvisor on a Smartphone and settled on Bella's. We found it easily and there was convenient parking. The menu had more than a hint of local cuisine (smoked meat sandwiches for example) and everything was priced to sell including beer and wine. After a tasty lunch served by friendly staff we were back on our Canadian adventure.

• Visited August 2012
nb
“great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

good food, good service, good value. probably in the top 3 places to eat in Amherst, Duncans being number one, I would rate this place number two.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Alan S
NS
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overall pleasant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

For a family member’s reunion, we all went to Bella’s Café for lunch. There were several types of sandwiches available- but because of my picky taste buds, I settled on the simple grilled cheese sandwich.
There was a choice of either whole wheat bread or multi grain bread, which showed a restaurant putting out healthy food. Still, I would have preferred white bread. I chose whole wheat, and it was fine.
The Grilled Cheese was delicious! It had a lot of cheese on it, which resulted in a yummy taste! It was grilled perfectly too.
One thing I did find annoying however was the slice of dill pickle on the other side of the plate. I really don’t like dill pickles, and the awful smell kept nagging at me as I ate. I kept thinking I was tasting dill pickle, but I was really just smelling it.
The restaurant was fully packed, which showed its popularity. However I think the room had an echo effect, for it was really loud. There was also this weird bass music playing that really annoyed me.
Overall, it was a fun lunch to meet up with people again. The waitress who greeted us was quite nice and pretty. I give Bella’s 3.5 stars.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Chelsey G
Amherst, Nova Scotia, Canada
“The food is better than moms...sorry mom”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Great spot for a business lunch on a weekday. Food is great, the staff are friendly, everything looks to be prepared fresh.

• Visited June 2012