Comfort Inn - Amherst
Tantramar Motel(Sackville)
$89
Agoda.com
$92
Fundy Rocks Motel(Hopewell Cape)
$58
Priceline
Village Scandinave(Haute Aboujagane)
$85
TripAdvisor
The Waterfront Motel(Haute Aboujagane)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbreakfast roomwould stay againnon smokingseveral fast food restaurantsvery nice place to staynight's sleephotel is locatedbed was comfortablenova scotiasecond floorthe staff was greatquiet at nightsports teamclean hotelother hotelsyogurtno issues
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed there in October on a business trip and this Comfort Inn is located in the little town of Amherst, NS. This is an honest location and you have the regular Comfort Inn amenities. The only problem is that there isn't much higher scal restaurants close to the hotel so you have to drive downtown and go eat there otherwise you have a chinese, subway, Tim Hortons, Pizza Delight and a Jungle Jim's... Not bad but if you don't want to go in a chain you have to drive!

Room Tip: Higher floors so you are not stepped on!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Randy T, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us while in Amherst Nova Scotia on business. We appreciate your comments and fortunately there is a new family restaurant close by us now; Connors Family Restaurant. It is within walking distance and has a nice (separate) lounge area besides the large main dining room. Give it a try on your next stay in Amherst.

Thank you for staying with us, I hope we can serve you again on your next business trip to our area.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Rooms were super clean and the service was great. Rooms on the first floor open to the interior corridors and have a "back door" that leads you right into the parking lot which is convinient to bring your bags to and from the car directly into your room. Also the hotel seemed to be within a five minute drive to anything we wanted to do. My friend and I stayed one night only and we were as comfortable as we could possibly be. Would stay here again anytime I found myself in this part of Nova Scotia and recomend you do too!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent stay with us in Amherst, Nova Scotia. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value all of our guests and appreciate getting feedback which helps us to continue to provide excellent service and value to every guest.

Whenever travelling, please consider staying at one of our sister properties, Comfort Inns are safe, clean, comfortable and affordable and we're in nearly every major centre.

Again, thank you for staying with us - have great travels this summer!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the years. The current staff is friendly, & I've always had an uneventful check-in. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to restaurants, malls, gas, a grocery store, etc.

The hotel has been around for a number of years, and they've done very little to update it. It's not in bad shape, but you can see its starting to show its age. I've usually found my rooms to be clean, although there was something sticky on the desk last time I stayed.

The most annoying thing to me about this location is the use of motion sensor light switches. I've seen this in a few hotels now in the bathrooms, where when you walk in, the light automatically turns on, and then after a while of no motion, it will turn off. Although I'm not a fan of these, I understand that not everyone is cautious about the use of electricity, and this is a good way to save electricity, by turning off a light that someone has forgotten to turn off after a period of time. I've gotten used to these in many hotel bathrooms, and its not that big of a deal. But this particular hotel has these sorts of lights for the main hotel room. So what this means, is that light when you get up in the middle of the night, to go to make a bathroom visit, the main hotel room light comes on, lighting up the entire room, fully waking you up. This is annoying enough when you are in the room alone. It's worse when you have your family with you, because the light wakes up everyone inthe room. And with 4 people in a room, you'll probably see a few people get up in the middle of the night, so count on being woken up repeatedly by these lights. Poor design if you ask me.

I gave this hotel 2 stars. I would have given it 2 1/2 stars if I could. Its not poor, but it is a little below average in my opinion.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Randy T, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

First of all thank you for being a repeat visitor to our hotel, and thank you for your review of our property, we value our guest's comments and want to do all that we can to make each and every stay as comfortable as possible.

We do apologize for any disturbance you encountered because of our sensor lights, we are mindful of anything we can do which saves on energy and automatic lights has been proven to accomplish this at our property. In future, please check with the front desk how to override the sensor to provide for manual lights only in your room.

Also, I am pleased to tell you that our hotel is slated for a full update this coming summer - so it will be like staying at a new hotel the next time you are with us.

Thanks again for your comments and being our guest!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We booked 40 rooms to accommodate our staff who were travelling from out of town to attend our Company Christmas party at a local venue and they had a wonderful stay! Staff were friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and tidy, location was perfect for our purposes and breakfast was much appreciated. A perfect stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! We were pleased to host your corporate group at our hotel in December. One of the services we are pleased to offer is providing large group bookings like yours with 50 rooms or more. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights while on a hockey tournament with our son's hockey team. I really expected something tired and worn, and was pleasantly surprised. The halls were clean and in good repair (a first warning signal for me), the room itself was clean and had everything we needed including coffee maker, 2 beds and lots of towels. I was impressed that the lights and TV are on motion sensors (which you can turn off if you don't want all the lights coming on if you get up in the middle of the night) as an energy conservation effort. The water pressure was a bit low for my liking, but not ridiculous. The fact that breakfast is included was a real plus if you want something light.

Location wise for Amherst and highway access is was perfect, as we could walk to multiple family-style restaurants close by as a group. Tim Horton's is right across the street, and grocery, etc very close by.

There was an issue checking out as all charges were posted to one account, so I haven't yet seen the posting on my credit card for the stay.

I would definitely consider staying here again if the opportunity to visit Amherst arose.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying with us in Amherst. It is our pleasure to host many hockey Moms and Dads and their families when in town for a sporting event. We offer great group rates for all of our sporting partners and look forward to hosting you again!

Thank you for your review!