“Fresh, delicious food”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
“Fresh, delicious food”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Looking through some nice restaurant in Amherst and this Restaurant is the first in Trip Advisor. We tried it and the food were exceptional. It was very delicious and tasty, I had a chicken breast with rice and salad on the side, and I must say that the salad was the most delicious that I ever had during my stay in Canada. And also my dessert, was sooo tasty, the raspberry sauce in my ice cream was very yummy. I can't wait to go back and tried the German sausages!

2 Thank CarlaEscolano

Halifax, Canada
“Excellent fresh-cooked food.”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Everything is made fresh when you order, TONS of choices on the menu, very friendly service. Don't go if you are in a rush, and make sure you are hungry. Everything is fresh, hot, and great quality.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank travellingNSmom
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
“Good things come in small packages”
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Next time you are in the town of Atheist or just passing through, you must stop in to the Old German Restaurant. You will be pleasantly surprised at how delightful this little place is. My mom and I had lunch there a few weeks ago and sampled two different soups; The Goulash and the Tomato. Both were delish and full of flavor. Coupled with the generous serving of homemade bread, we were stuffed.

2 Thank Melissa U
Madison
“What a great accidental discovery!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We were driving toward PEI from NS, and drove through Amherst around lunch time. Finding the Old Germany was just what we needed. Neighborhood joint, very friendly waitress, great German food, and Herr Renner came out and greated us, to make sure we were satisfied with our lunch. We enjoyed our visit so much, that we made sure we could stop for dinner the night we drove back to Halifax Airport from Prince Edward Island. Another great meal. Very simple, country German food, prepaired with care and served with pride. What else could you ask for?

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank David N
Dieppe, New Brunswick, Canada
“I'm a Regular”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I work in Amherst and live in Moncton. I treasure those days I don't brown bag it.....then I get to go to one of my favorite restaurants anywhere. The gypsy sausage with the tomato-based sauce and roasted potatoes is my current favorite. I am having trouble getting to other menu items because I love this one so much, but the Spatizi {pasta} is superb if you bring your A-game appetite. I often order a loaf of their excellent specialty bread so I have enough to enjoy with lunch and can then bring the rest home to enjoy later. If this restaurant was in Toronto you would have a tough time getting a seat....in Amherst there is never a wait and the service is superb....I know we are blessed to have European artisans come and share their gifts with us.....savour this great experience!

• Visited October 2012