“Great hotel, but even better location!”
Review of Welcominns

Welcominns
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Boucherville
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I find Montreal hotels to be a problem due to the overpriced parking. The great thing about this hotel is that it's a short hop to downtown Montreal since it's close to area highways and the parking is free. There's also a great free continental breakfast and a pool and hot tub. The rooms were also good with comfortable bedding. The pool could be a little warmer and I'm a big fan of curved shower curtain bars, but other than that, this is a great hotel! Also, the lady in charge of the breakfast area during the week is fantastic!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mathieu M
HotelWelcomINNS, Director of Sales at Welcominns, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review!
We appreciate receiving guest’s feedback and we always share such comments with our staff.
The pool water temperature is maintained at 83°F (approximately 28°C) to try to please both types of swimmers: those that swim lengths as exercise and those that use the pool for recreation.
It’s a pleasure to hear that you had a nice stay and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

My family stayed at this hotel back in summer 2013. The service was above average, the front office agent was more than reliable, she was able to communicate in English and help us out with ease, the property is well maintained and secure, our room was spotless, the beds smelt fresh and it felt great sleeping for the night. The breakfast was a HUGE plus, it was buffet style, there were so many food options. Our kids enjoyed the both the hot tub and the swimming pool, my son enjoyed the fitness center the most. We would stay here again if given the chance. I personally recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank James J
HotelWelcomINNS, Director of Sales at Welcominns, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience!
It's always nice to know that our clients would not hesitate to recommend us.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Better than we expected. Large room and clean. Free continental breakfast. 15 minutes from Montréal. Bathroom and shower very clean. Quiet . Cheap and convenient. You wont find a hotel in Montréal with Free breakfast and Free parking for under 100$ so this is a bargain.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Yupz..as I said, it's just about right for what you pay and what you get! Full facility, whirpool was great, sauna is my highlight and indoor pool was great! however, the location of these facility that is just at the entrance of the hotel, with big glass windows see through from the lobby..doesn't looks right. I don't feel too comfortable having total strangers starring at me on bikini at the pool while they're checking in.
The breakfast was OK, pretty basic toast, muffin, boil eggs, cereal. Don't expect hot fresh breakfast, however..styrofoam plates and plastic utensils..really?? for the price, I still think guess deserve some REAL plates and utensils. Over all, stay was OK..what you pay is what you get, that much I can say.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Hotel Welcominns in Boucherville is a pleasant surprise. Located just outside the city of Montreal you will have easy access to the city. the staff is helpful, the rooms are clean and well appointed. Rooms have fridge in case you bring home leftovers or in my case we bought some liquor and enjoyed a drink in the room at nite. In the morning you will enjoy a light breakfast consisting of a variety of cereal, fruits, breads, Danish, muffins, eggs and cheese as well as a juice assortment. The waitress comes around and refills beverage as needed. The hotel pool and hot tub are a great way to end the day. Note there in no restaurant in the hotel.

Room Tip: if you want to be close to the pool then take a ground floor room, we stayed on the third floor and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelWelcomINNS, Director of Sales at Welcominns, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for posting your review!
It’s as a result of feedback such as yours that we recently upgraded our breakfast. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed it. I passed your kind comments on to the waitress that works the breakfast. She was very happy to hear that her work was appreciated.
Thank you for staying at the Hotel WelcomInns and we hope to see you again.

Marlène Aubin
Sales Manager

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed here with my 2 kids. It was clean, although a tad run down. Breakfast was free, but quite dismal so we ended up going out for breakfast.
Just a warning to others: This hotel put an unauthorized charge on my creditcard and is refusing to pay it back! I have called them trying to deal with the situation and they even refuse to speak English with me...the charge is still there now almost 2 weeks after we checked out and I am NOT happy.
If you chose this hotel do NOT give them your creditcard - if you have to put a desposit down use cash. Quite unfortunate because if it hadn't been for this I would have used the hotel again since we do travel quite often to Montreal. However now I will certainly take my business elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Canadianmom2012
HotelWelcomINNS, Director of Sales at Welcominns, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. After investigating with the staff I found that the only incident that occurred in this time frame was one regarding a pre-authorization. I’m sorry to hear that you had a negative experience while staying at our hotel, but maybe an explanation of how pre-authorizations work will be helpful. When a guest arrives, a hold is placed on their card for the value of the stay plus a security deposit. This is done at the reception and the client uses their PIN. Upon check-out, the transaction is closed by the hotel and the actual amount is charged to the client’s card; at the same time the pre-authorized amount is released by the hotel. Unfortunately, the process does not stop here. The client’s bank receives notification that the transaction is closed and that the pre-authorized amount should be released and the transaction finalized at the actual sale amount. The problem arises during this step, different banks take different amounts of time to accomplish this process, ranging from a few seconds to as long as two weeks in some rare cases.

Hoping that it helps to understand how the procedure works.

I wish that you will consider us again on your next trip to Boucherville.

Marlène Aubin
Sales Manager

Reviewed July 30, 2013

On our way Grand Manan, we chose WelcomInns based on reviews here on Trip Advisor. The hotel was clean and the continental breakfast was typical. We were hoping to have a room with freezer access because of a medical necessity -- although our room did have a fridge it did not have a freezer compartment. The second room in our party did have a freezer compartment, but it was completely frosted closed and inaccessible. (Normally not a big deal, but it was critical that we have access to re-freeze ice packs to keep medication constantly and consistently cold.) The young woman on the front desk was unable to help us because she was the only person working in the hotel the night we stayed.

The hotel is close to the highway and easy to get off and on the highway as well. (We missed the original exit and were still able to navigate back using our smartphone.) I wouldn't choose to stay here again simply because I have received better value for our money in other locations, but it is a clean hotel with reasonable rates.

Just a note that the day staff were most helpful and tried their best to help us with our medical issues when more than one staff member was available to visit the kitchen / freezer area without leaving the front desk unmanned.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lori A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boucherville
Comfort Inn Boucherville
#5 of 8 in Longueuil
Hotel Dauphin Montreal - Longueuil
Sandman Hotel Montreal-Longueuil
Best Western Hotel Brossard

Been to Welcominns? Share your experiences!