“Nice place. Rooms need repairs here and there”

Hotel Chateau-Bromont
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Bromont
Montreal, Canada
“Nice place. Rooms need repairs here and there”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

we had a nice 2 floor room, it was a bit expensive for the actual amount of time we spent in the room!
The TVs were CRT old school style. The room needed repairs - like the bathroom had a broken toilet dispenser (coming out of the wall) and the windows that could be opened had problems with the handles and screen. I guess the room seemed outdated, in comparison to the lobby. Also, the hallways kind of smelled and the carpet in the elevator was stained. The lobby smelt like fish, but it might have been because the resto was right beside it.
The food for breakfeast was delicious, and the omelets are delicious too.
We headed to Mont Bromont for the day and had a really nice time. they also have 2 pools at the hotel but we didnt have time to use them. We asked for late checkout but they couldnt give it to us, but they said we could use the pool area bathrooms and showers if we needed to, after our checkout time.
A wedding was set up there near the waterfalls, and it was really a very pretty place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Ottawa
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed at this property in early July of 2012 and had a very nice stay. Very clean and spacious room and exceptionally friendly staff who made every effort in English even if it was not their preference. The surrounding area has lots of amenities as well and is only about 20-25 minutes from the Granby Zoo. The only negative I would say about this hotel was that breakfast was only one option and that was the $19 buffet. For kids it was half that price but when one of your kids is a two year old that just doesn't make sense so we had to find breakfast elsewhere for both days. Another breakfast option at a lower price would have made the stay closer to a five out of five rather than four out of five.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I was very disappointed by our stay. This is not a 4 star hotel, at least the service is not. My car with ~10 other cars got vandalized in the parking lot of the Chateau and the staff did nothing for us. I don't plan to ever go back.

• Stayed June 2012
The Hague
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The hotel might have earned its 4 stars 30 years ago (or more), and since then, no efforts have been made to keep up to this standard (in terms of services, utilities, furniture). It is easy, the only nice renovated part is the main hall... quite misleading...
We had the chance to have a room with a window facing the internal pool. So every morning the kids playing in the pool at 9:00 woke us up, as it is badly soundproof.
The room was big, with almost nothing in it. Dirty old beige walls with not one frame on it. The minute my husband and I stepped in that room, we were disappointed... It was a sad, very old room. We decided to watch a movie to try change our mind from that disappointment, but the TV wasn't functioning. When I enquired about it with the reception, the receptionist laughed and told me " sometimes it works, sometimes not! hahah, but you can try later, who knows..." ??? And even if the TV would have been functioning, it was neither facing the bed or the sofa !?
The breakfast is disgusting and they might clearly be aware of it as they give directions to a wonderful bakery nearby !?
Finally, we did not try the spa as we were disappointed enough, and here again surprise, they give you directions to the beautiful Balnea spa. I found it very strange to give information about your competitors... As a guest you are supposed to get packages for the spa, however at the reception, no one is able to give you information, besides from the directions!!! Once at the spa, we even learned that the packages were not real, as the prices are actually exactly the same...
The food at the hotel is good, but expensive. And naturally, the staff is nice with you...until you have paid. Then, we sometimes had the feeling to be non-existent.
We really wondered how this hotel can keep its 4 stars and charge as if it was really a "Chateau" with 4 stars services...
The worse might have been the cleaning lady who heavily knocked at our door before 9:00 in the morning... to clean the room! We were naturally sleeping when this happened, I opened the door in my pyjamas yet she still asks me is she can clean ?!, so much for being on holiday. I definitely do not recomment this so called "Chateau"... it was more than very very far from our expectations.

2 Thank MaHTheHague
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 16, 2012

2 stars for service
3.5 stars for the hotel property

A beautiful location for a ski resort. This place is no chateau but seems to be well set up for winter sports. Did not try the water park but it looked packed. How do they do on a busy July weekend with 2 weddings on the works? The result is 3 days that are Fawlty Towers-esque. The feeling is that Ma & Pa habitant are all on their own without any of those pesky MBAs and their system flow charts. Nothing gets done the way you expect, especially for the prices charged.

Chaos at check in. We've arrived to a long line at 3:30 instead of 4pm and room isn't ready.Oh no, we're being picked up for dinner at 5? Could we possibly do our pre-dinner prep in our friends' room next door?? AWKWARD! Friends have booked a babysitter in advance, can this be confirmed at check in? NO, there are babysitters coming but the staff have no way to tell us which rooms they are here for or any info about the sitters themselves. Begin nail-biting now! No room service menus means a call down to reception. They are understaffed and no one is available to bring menus to the room, could we kindly come down and fetch them ourselves (?!?). Just as we step out the door, a sweaty out of breath teen arrives with the menu. (I want to call him Manuel, Basil, I really really do.) A room vacated all day with "maid service pls" sign on door is ignored. A call to reception brings maid just when everyone is in shower, so she promises to return but never shows. 3rd day of wet towels anyone? Thank goodness my kids know how to make beds, so they get the housekeeping tips to spend in gift shop.

Yes, the mostly francophone staff are trying very very hard. English is confusing, it's true, and this is all fine if you are not in a hurry and have a sense of humour and did not pay the rack rate but....

The place itself is lovely. Water park looked to be very popular, 2 separate pools in/out, small gym, lovely patio with hot tubs and bar with panoramic moutain views. Not all shiny and new but very presentable overall. No over the top luxuries. Do not expect a smooth ride here, just sit back and enjoy the view.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The hotel itself is underwhelming, especially for the price and picturesque location. When you drive up, your expectations are high because of the scenery and the outside of the building. That being said, the hotel itself is a let down. The rooms specifically are old and basic (nothing says romance like brown bedding, two separate beds, and a view of the parking lot). I completely understand that they DO have nicer rooms available, but the price is already too steep compared to what you can get in other hotels. Hotels these days are making an effort to get modern and creative and the HCB has not kept up. I would not recommend this hotel. I should note that the service at this hotel was just fine (friendly staff both at the front desk, around the hotel, and at the restaurant), so not getting a nice room really was not their fault in this case.

Room Tip: The rooms are the worst feature of this hotel.
1 Thank SSShaw
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I'm a Francophone but I want as many as possible to understand this topic so I write it in english. I stayed at HCB in late June 2012. I booked trough there 800 service and they were helpfull and gave me good feed back. On arrival check in was very gentle and people were very nice to allow me 3 room changes. Yes the biggest problem at HCB is the room quality, they definitly need an update. I first took the standard 2 queen size bed bedroom but ended up with a second floor room with a view on the terrace (wich was packed on first night by a prom night and 2nd night by a wedding) Hopefully I switched room right away and ended up on the 3rd floor with same view but at least away from the floor view.

I liked most of my stay but I hope for HCB that they will read this review. I worked at Chateau Bonne Entente (Québec City unknown diamond) for 5 years and studied tourism. I know what customer service is. If HCB wants to be what it claim, it SERIOUSLY lacks the next step in cutomer serrvices. When ordering chicken nuggets for my son with honey, they showed up with honey after my son was done with is chicken. I was hopping to enjoy a meal on the terrace but bartenders were overwhelemd by the 2 receptions and could'nt take care of hotel guest like us. They should split reception from guests, most of theese people dont sleep here and dont pay for there meal ... Why should they get a better service than us ?

Room service was alright but food showed up cold everytime. It's sad as I had the best Club Sanswich EVER even though it was cold ... Imagine if it showed up warm. The food is AWESOME, breakfast were fabulous and so were my late lunch.

Hotel Chateau Bromont please give your summer staff some extended customer services classes and you will be the pearl of the Eastern Township. I wanted to leave after my first night, but I couldn't find any other hotel in the area that seem to offer better. Please dont take your customers for granted and take it up to the next level.

Room Tip: Pick the unior Suite, even if they warn you about the stairs, just watch your kids
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BobQuebecCity_Canada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromont
Le St Martin Bromont
Le Pleasant Hotel & Cafe
Hotel Bromont
Hotel Bromont
#6 of 7 in Bromont

Been to Hotel Chateau-Bromont? Share your experiences!