“So many ways to relax!”
Review of Balnea

Balnea
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Bromont
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My partner and I wanted to go to a spa for our 6th year anniversary and did not know which one to choose in Montreal (where we are from). A friend told us about Spa Balnea in Bromont-sur-le-lac. She raved about it, emphasing on the space guests have and contact with the nature. We were not at all disappointed. It was very relaxing, they give you access to 2 outdoor hot tubs, 3 dry saunas, 1 turkish sauna, 2 outdoor cold pools (one with waterfall), 1 indoor cold pool and cold shower, and a variety of relaxing spots. The outour circular tent with a fireplace in the middle and a dozen of beds to relax and cuddle was awesome. The couches facing large aquariums were very zen. The morocan themed zone with individual cabins was also very great. There were even zones we did not went to as per lack of time (and we did spend 6 hours there!).

We here during summer and fall, they even have a sauna by the lake and hot tubes on it so we will definitely go back to relax surrounded by the amazing fall colors.

Entrance fee was reasonable, cheaper than we expected actually.

Food was overpriced though, but I hear it's the same in every spa places.

1  Thank SimonL_Mtl
There are newer reviews for Balnea

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I took my parents to this thermal baths retreat and it was their 1st experience. They were delighted with it! The setting, right on Lac Gale, was breathtaking and they did an excellent job setting up the facilities so we can have a global experience of what nature has to offer. Note : There is full bathrooms in the building and, at the bottom of the hill, there is a outdoor portable toilet (toilette chimique) which is sort of hidden. I didn't know and walked back up to the main building, which takes about 5 minutes. Would have been nice to know that there was a facility available by the lake.

My mom and I both booked a facial care session with one of their specialists. I really enjoyed it, although, I had some "mud" from the mask remaining in my eyebrows and hair after...haha Good thing I could shower on-site. The locker room was very clean and we felt that our personal belongings were safe, left there throughout the day.

They provide alcohol on-site, which was unusual to me compared to other similar facilities I have visited. But, yes, I had a couple glasses of wine! I liked it! Although I didn't get to eat, I glanced at their full menu and saw the plates. I really wish I had time to eat there, looked amazing, and no so overly priced for the type of facility we were at.

Would go back without hesitation. Great destination with your lover!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We came only for the baths, which is the real strength of this place.
The day we were there it was very busy judging by the parking lot, and we arrived around noon, however it never felt crowded inside.
Lovely baths, hot and cold, saunas, and the lake is a picture perfect lake to swim in.
Mid afternoon we had a nap in the Moroccan relaxation rooms.

This is a special place, and we will certainly come back, and likely explore the pathways in the woods.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Was a very beautiful and spacious spa.Many smaller hot tube along the lake. However the lake is in earshot of a small public beach with screaming kids , so we left the dock area after a few minutes. Had lovely drinks and relaxed on the outdoor couches. All staff was very friendly and accommodating. Massage was excellent , their massage therapists are well trained and pay attention to their clients. They have many relaxation areas including an aquarium room, relaxation cinema, a Moroccan styled rest beds and a place that look like the shire from the hobbit , with a door leading into the side of the mountain ( inside resembles a finnish sauna but at lower temperature with candles ). My husband had an appetizer of smoked salmon and enjoyed it .Bring a bag for your wet clothes , they don't provide it.As well your own water bottle, the give you a reusable empty water bottle you return at the end.They should have fountains to replenish you water, other wise its only the restaurant or bathroom to fill up your water bottle.

1  Thank kiwina
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Just loved this experience - only the 2nd in my life. Wonderful scenic décor to relax in. Came on a Wednesday in mid-August and was not overcrowded. Lots of place at the lake and in the various saunas/pools. I can see that most of the negative comments relate to overcrowding. If I came at a busy time, I would not enjoy it either. But do come during a more quiet period as this is a beautiful place. We also did not have an issue with changing robes as we kept ours throughout but yes they do get a bit soggy and paying to have it changed can be frustrating but understandable. Very clean shower/locker rooms. We loved it all but then we received our massages and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Yanni gave me the best massage I have ever had. If it wasn't so far from home, I would go there for the massage frequently. We only spent about 4 hours here and if we return, we'd make it a full-day affair - would bring a book and take a snooze on one of the many day beds or floating beds on the lake. Only negative comment: their parking is small and although the spa itself did not seem crowded, the top parking lot was full and we had to park on the lower level which was also nearly full. Plus the very fine dust/sand of the parking lot makes a mess of your car.