“What an experience!”

Balnea
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Bromont
“What an experience!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting Balnea two times in the past month. My impression was very positive for a number of reasons: 1) great location, 2) amazing service 3) great views 4) modern features and treatements. 5) food is delicious 6) drinks-beverages superb.

Furthermore, there was really a wonderful calm feeling that was consistent from week-end to week-end. I was also very impressed with the way in which the management and owners took the time to solicit feedback from us in person and made us feel welcome, like we were visiting someone's house. None of the impersonal business like feel was present. What I coined the "human factor". Great place. I recommend it all my friends and hope they maintain the world class standard service that makes this a "must visit" destination for anyone visiting Quebec or living in Montreal or nearby Sutton-Bromont etc.

Visited July 2013

“Best spa experience”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was the best spa experience my partner and I ever had. Every little detail was quality. Our massages were the best massages we ever had!! Honestly, I can't say enough about how much we recommend this spa. If you are sitting on the fence, sit no more, you are guaranteed to leave feeling like royalty and best of all...ending our stay floating on big air mattresses on the most peaceful lake. What an experience!

Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perfect Place for a getaway”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

There is a lot of variety in the types of 'relaxing' rooms which keeps it interesting, and beautiful sauna's with windows. Maybe it was because I arrived in the end of the day, but the pillow/aquarium room smelled a bit like feet/sweat the last time I went, but everything else I had no complaints. I've visited a few times now and haven't had any issues or complaints. although I love this place, it is a bit expensive, but they have a 4 people for $100 deal after 6pm, which is very worth it

Visited February 2013
Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was the best part of my trip to the Eastern Townships. With so many spas to visit and choices to make, even with reading some of the reviews, I chose to try the Balnea out. Aside from the restaurant, my experience at this spa was AMAZING! I did go during the Ontario March break on a Tuesday. The place wat not busy at all - so it was free range on any of the rooms/chairs/pools. The variety of spaces to rest and relax was awesome - the igloo/fish room/movie theatre/fireplace room. I read an entire book during my visit! The massage was awesome as well - my husband and I had a couples massage and upgraded for the Balnea massage. We weren't sure what that was going to entail but it was delightful. The 2 ladies was excellent and helped with our relaxation. The restaurant however all in French and not friendly. We did indulge in the endamame and a cheese plate - which was tasty... but because of the LACK of service I had to give this place a very good vs excellent. Last but not least - the front desk staff - lovely. We lost our insurance receipts and she arranged to have them mailed - we got them by the time we arrived home! Overall, having been to other Scandinavian style spas - this was a great change and I highly recommend it!

Visited March 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful but overcrowded, won't go again”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Pros: The location is gorgeous and away from any roads. The staff at the front desk is friendly. Massage experience was great.
Cons: OVERCROWDED! Didn't start well, as we got there and the parking lot was full. The staff at the front desk said this happened all the time. The wet area is very small (at least half of it was closed) and it was REALLY overcrowded, to the point that all the sunbeds were taken. We couldn't sit/lay down anywhere and at least 15 other people were in the same situation.
We had to fight our way in the hot tubs. So much so that we gave up on trying to enjoy the thermal experience after only 20 minutes. It was very expensive since the spa requires that we pay for the thermal experience (absolutely no discount) even though we booked a massage.

They should consider working on a reservation basis for the thermal experience. I don't drive to a spa in the middle of nowhere to end up stuck in a crowd. This was quite the opposite of relaxing. Waste of money.

Visited March 2013