“Perfect Place for a getaway”
Review of Balnea

Balnea
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Bromont
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perfect Place for a getaway”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

There is a lot of variety in the types of 'relaxing' rooms which keeps it interesting, and beautiful sauna's with windows. Maybe it was because I arrived in the end of the day, but the pillow/aquarium room smelled a bit like feet/sweat the last time I went, but everything else I had no complaints. I've visited a few times now and haven't had any issues or complaints. although I love this place, it is a bit expensive, but they have a 4 people for $100 deal after 6pm, which is very worth it

Visited February 2013

Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was the best part of my trip to the Eastern Townships. With so many spas to visit and choices to make, even with reading some of the reviews, I chose to try the Balnea out. Aside from the restaurant, my experience at this spa was AMAZING! I did go during the Ontario March break on a Tuesday. The place wat not busy at all - so it was free range on any of the rooms/chairs/pools. The variety of spaces to rest and relax was awesome - the igloo/fish room/movie theatre/fireplace room. I read an entire book during my visit! The massage was awesome as well - my husband and I had a couples massage and upgraded for the Balnea massage. We weren't sure what that was going to entail but it was delightful. The 2 ladies was excellent and helped with our relaxation. The restaurant however all in French and not friendly. We did indulge in the endamame and a cheese plate - which was tasty... but because of the LACK of service I had to give this place a very good vs excellent. Last but not least - the front desk staff - lovely. We lost our insurance receipts and she arranged to have them mailed - we got them by the time we arrived home! Overall, having been to other Scandinavian style spas - this was a great change and I highly recommend it!

Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful but overcrowded, won't go again”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Pros: The location is gorgeous and away from any roads. The staff at the front desk is friendly. Massage experience was great.
Cons: OVERCROWDED! Didn't start well, as we got there and the parking lot was full. The staff at the front desk said this happened all the time. The wet area is very small (at least half of it was closed) and it was REALLY overcrowded, to the point that all the sunbeds were taken. We couldn't sit/lay down anywhere and at least 15 other people were in the same situation.
We had to fight our way in the hot tubs. So much so that we gave up on trying to enjoy the thermal experience after only 20 minutes. It was very expensive since the spa requires that we pay for the thermal experience (absolutely no discount) even though we booked a massage.

They should consider working on a reservation basis for the thermal experience. I don't drive to a spa in the middle of nowhere to end up stuck in a crowd. This was quite the opposite of relaxing. Waste of money.

3 Thank V D
Los Angeles, California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Horrible ! And overpriced !”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

i use to go very often to Spa. we went to this Spa with friends (we were 4 people). The total cost of our experience was 650$ !!! Without massage or special things !
But there is a lot of hidden costs... For example, if you come a Sunday or a Bank holiday, the prices go from 25$ to.... 60$ !!!! You must have flip-flap to walk in the wet area. Most of the Spa sell some for 10 to 15$. At Balnea, you must pay more than 30$ for a chinese pair of flip-flap !!!
If your bathrobe is too wet and you would like a dry one, you will be charged again !!!
The wet area is really small, with 2 small baths outside, 2 saunas and a turkish bath.
Drinks and small bites are overpriced. Service is poor. A waiter reversed a drink on us.... without any excuse...
Not the best experience. Not the best place to go.

Visited February 2013
6 Thank ViktorTatran
Charlotte, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Beautiful spot”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Pros: Beautiful spa and location. Clean facilities. Staff mostly French, but friendly and accommodating. Best massage I ever had! There are enough saunas, baths & rest areas to keep you busy for the whole day. The Turkish stream room was amazing! Patrons were respectable & quiet. Worth the visit, if you are willing to spend the money.

Cons: $5 every time you change your robe, which is wet most of the time. Ok for summer months, but winter it's uncomfortable. Caf menu is limited & very expensive. $16 for 2 soups. A substantial plate of food will cost you about $20, plus aprx. $10 for a glass of wine. Even though we spent a lot of money on food, massage & facial, the spa still charged $40 per person for the baths, which is usually thrown in for free at other spas.