“so so”

Cuisines: Canadian
newbrunswick
“so so”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

breakfast meeting place for locals and then a good night snack for bar closing .

Visited December 2011

Campbellton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Healthy Grandmother!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is one great and pleasant surprise! This restaurant has been in Campbellton for a while but I hadn't been there for a while because it doesn't conjur up visions for a romantique dinner. But someone else raved about it so I finally went with my husband for the mid-day meal. We had vegetable soup with lots of vegetables and very little salt. Then we had a traditional turkey dinner, everything entirely homemade!!! Homemade dressing, homemade gravy, homemade vegies (carrots and turnip), homemade mashed potatoes, and the best coleslaw I have had since my grandmother. There wasn't excess salt in anything! And the dessert was jello with fruit, not overly sweet. Less than $10 including tax. And, oh yeah, free coffee or tea, though the coffee is also like your grandmother's so you may want to head under the overpass to your right for a Tim's. I have described the mid-day special. You can get it in the evening if there is some left but it would cost more. There are 3 specials at noon and they vary from day to day. I got the most expensive one!

• Visited June 2012