“Surprise Surprise”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Seen the sign a few weeks before but thought NOOO! Not a Thai food restaurant in Creston? It's merged into the corner of the motel and is hard to find. The Pad Thai was good and the owner was very accomodating. She made it clear that she was quite disappointed with the lack of locals trying out their food but I explained how things really are in this little border town. Hope she doesn't pack up and go back to Vancouver as the Kootenays really need this. Will be back to try more Thai fare.

There are newer reviews for Kootenay Thai

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Anthony had a top restaurant in Vancouver before relocating here. The meals and appetizers are all delicious and always fresh made and healthy
I go here often and it is my favourite restaurant in southern BC and equivalent to any in the world. (I travel a great deal)
We are so blessed to finally have a high quality restaurant here in Creston

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Very authentic thai cuisine. I quite enjoyed both meals I had there. The service was pleasant and professional. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 rating is because the portions were a little on the small side for the price. Not really a Thai atmosphere but otherwise ok.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Flavorful, authentic. Went for lunch. Only complaint is the lunch menu is pretty small. Probably better for dinner but I never made it out.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our first try at Thai food and it was very good. Restaurant is small, kind of strange location, we would not have ventured in except our son said the food was so good. The hostess was very friendly and the server was sweet and helpful as we asked many questions. The fried banana desert is amazing! we have been back twice since.