“Best by far of all stays in BC”

Bavarian Orchard Motel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Creston
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Finally retired from 11 years in the B&B business. Time to travel. Made a sudden decision to book a room at this motel and it was a serendipidous one. Professional, courteous, helpful and the accommodation was everything a traveller could wish for. Comfortable beds, generous washroom, large sitting area including a private one overlooking the gardens. Small wonder that more than 70% of guests are returnees. When and if we get another urge to put some miles on the car we will definitely make this one of our stops and fill up with wonderful Polish fare just up the road.

Room Tip: No preference here, our unit faced the highway and our sleep was uninterrupted. The wing at 90 degre...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2xdutch

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stay at thThe Bavarian Orchard Motel once a year for a couple nights, and I always look forward to going back. The place is simple, but impecabbly clean. The facilities are well-kept by the owners, who are, themselves, exceedingly accomodating and conscientious. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Dated furnishing but very well kept property, old orchard in the back with gazebo and benches available to guests. Nice homemade muffins for breakfast - otherwise pretty plain food. Highway is quiet at night. Well priced for what you get.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and I made reservations about a week in advance, requesting a queen bed in a quiet location. When we arrived we were told that the only queen available was in unit # 2, very close to hwy 3. We were very concerned about the possibility of noise. However, the lady assured us that the traffic at night was minimal and would not be a problem. Reluctantly, we accepted the room, and registered and paid. At this point we were informed that the continental breakfast was not available. It would have been nice if we had been forewarned before paying etc.We then proceeded to our room, and found the smell overwhelming (something between mold and disinfectant). We decided to try and air out the room. When we went to use the refrigerator, it too smelt awful, and we decided against putting anything in it. It did not appear to be working even when I turned the temperature knob up. After a short walk, we returned to the room. Airing it out didn't help, but we decided to put up with it. During the night it was impossible to get any sleep - the noise from hwy 3 WAS a problem! There was constant noise from trucks driving by. After a sleepless night I decided to get up and have a coffee. Well there was a coffee maker, and a pouch of coffee. The only problem was that it didn't work! I tried powering on the microwave. It didn't work either. So, my wife and I decided to forego the coffee and go into town for breakfast. After returning, I accosted the manager/owner, told her we were not at all satisfied with the room, and enumerated our complaints. She was sorry, but she hadn't heard any noise. We invited her into the room to "sample" the still remaining smell. She denied smelling anything, but wait, maybe she could detect perfume - we don't use perfume! When I pointed out that the appliances weren't working, she suggested that the previous guest must have unplugged them. Well, all the power cords "vanish" into a small hole in the counter. When my wife asked "How/why anyone would unplug them?", she replied "You don't know PEOPLE"! She then began to pull out the refrigerator. I asked if I could be of assistance, and was told emphatically no! When the refrigerator was pulled out there was an "octopus" connector connecting all of the appliances. Clearly an electrical "breaker" was tripped. She immediately left the room and wished us a good day! No apology was forthcoming!
We will NOT be repeat customers, and would NEVER recommend this motel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Robert E
bavarianmotel, Owner at Bavarian Orchard Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Upon checking in the gentleman was informed the only room left was close to the highway and I told him that the traffic at night was usually not a problem but was something I couldn't control. I also told him that due to painting the Breakfast room would be closed for the day. I then offered to find him accomodations elsewhere. He CHOSE to stay. I then gave him a discount. I saw this couple several times during the evening and not once did they say there was a problem with the room. Had they let us know they were not pleased we would have done everything we could to correct the situation. Our rooms are checked every morning after cleaning to make sure all appliances are running properly and perhaps something was missed. We never had another problem after they left. I 'm sorry they were uun happy but feel he was very unfair by not giving us a chance to correct the situation and his rudeness was not appreciated.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

Visited Creston again this past July - stayed at the Bavarian Orchard Motel. Found this motel in the CAA guide many years ago and we stay each time we visit Creston. It's pretty basic, but the rooms are clean and the grounds are very nice - a few grapes planted out back, along with several types of fruit trees and a magificient maple tree. Has a lovely gazebo. The moutain view is so peaceful. Has a continental breakfast, although pretty much cereal and toast. Fits the bill though. Looking forward to our next visit already!

Room Tip: Some rooms have patio doors to the grounds out back, others don't.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Nutmeg13
Reviewed September 1, 2011

If you are looking for a good basic motel in Creston you would not go wrong with the Bavarian. Nice people nice place close to Truscott Farms fruit stand a great place to pick up fruit, veggies and great coffee.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank CherryGrower1
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Rooms are clean and comfy, there is a gorgeous orchard behind your room which you can walk through and pick fruit, it has a gazebo in the middle too! And you have a little porch off your room with two nice chairs to relax in an take in the view. If your coming here don't expect to be loud and party, the owner is a sweet lady but is as the other review said a no nonsense kind of person. And there is no smoking on the hotel property Which is clearly stated, overall a gem in the kootenays, I highly recommend it

• Stayed: July 2011