“No local wines?”

Add it.
Aldo & Co. Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: I almost wept when I saw that Aldo's wasn't listed as an option to eat in Creston. It is the ONLY nice restaurant in Creston. They have fantastic food, reasonably priced wine and very nice service.
“No local wines?”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I'm giving you a 2 because I'm appalled you don't carry local wines, especially Baillie-Grohman, whose wines are listed in some of the best restaurants in Vancouver and Whistler. You're missing the boat.

2 Thank Megmallen

Creston BC
“Amazing food, the best staff!”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

We go to Aldo's, frequently and we love it there! We wouldn't go back if we had an issue, as im sure most feel/do the same. Food is always delicious, the staff is friendlier than most places in Creston and just couldnt ask for a better time!

I was reading 2 reviews by Jenchev and I believe Rosechev... just a little FYI - MANY places tack on an 18% gratuity for parties with more than such and such people. So, if you really get out as much to enjoy the restaurants like you claim to, you would have known this common knowledge. Im all for people writing their reviews and having opinions, but be realistic and honest when you do so. You obviously have some sort of grudge or simpy just dont know how to enjoy great food cause you are used to the crap you shove down your throat on a day to day basis.

Aldo's is great for this community - he puts time and effort into his food/work. Id rather eat here than any of the other places in town, who cater to the elder with their over cooked liver and onions, pasta out of a jar, or typical frozen chicken fingers and french fries. You really do get what you pay for though.

Keep up the good work Aldo and team... you are just what Creston needs!

M

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Mineymo78
“What a gem!”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We dined at Aldo & co this past weekend. It was amazing....from the fresh lobster to the service. It was great to be able to order Dom Perignon in such small establishment. The staff were attentive without being overbearing. The prices are very reasonable and we look forward to dining there again soon.

Castlegar, Canada
“Underwhelming”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I ordered 2 starters, one as an appetizer and the other for my main course. When I was advised by the server that my main course item was no longer available, I asked for my appetizer to be brought as my main course. She refused, saying that the appetizer was already prepared - first time that's happened to me! For $12 I got 3 prawns in a "soup" of tiny un shelled clams (yuck). When we received our bill, since we had a party of more than 5, a gratuity of 18% was automatically added. I had to ask to see the menu again to find the teeny, tiny line item advising customers of this policy, which was buried among other pricing information at the bottom right hand side of the menu. When I suggested to our server that, although I didn't have a problem with this policy (I usually tip more than this for excellent service), that since it was an unusual policy for this area (I'm from the Nelson area where they have a multitude of fabulous restaurants along the same scale and have never seen this policy), a more obvious position on the menu might be advisable, she became argumentative and rude. What happened to the customer is always right? All she had to say was "thank you for your suggestion, I'll let management know". Now I know in Italy, many (but not all) restaurants have a policy of adding a tip to every order (the better ones don't), which, by the way is only 12% - but we are not in Italy! If you're not ashamed of your tipping policy why not make it obvious? First and last time I'll be eating there.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank JenChev
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Overall vaue was poor at best. Limited menu and they were out of many items when we got there at 8 pm. We asked for bread and balsamic vineger which was an extra $4 for a very small loaf...not enough for 7 people. Food service as slow but the prices were high. An 18% gratuity was added to the bill as well as a few menu items we didn't order, so check your bill. Better yet, save yourself the frustration and try a different restaurant.

3 Thank rosechev