“Disappointed”

Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Creston
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Tried the wine at a local eatery. Made the trip to the winery to purchase some, only to be told that that brand was only sold in local diners. No options given, unfortunately drove away empty handed.

2  Thank rtate
Comments01, Owner at Skimmerhorn, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

We're delighted that your enjoyment of our Skimmerhorn Kootenay Crush wine inspired you to come to our winery looking for more.

Our winery was designed for local purchases, but when restaurants throughout and beyond our community let us know their diners wanted a taste of what we have to offer, we created Kootenay Crush just for them.

Our nine other, award winning wines are available for tasting and purchase at our wine shop and bistro, and we welcome visitors to sample each one at our free wine-tasting bar.

Please visit our website for information about our wines, and where you can find them.

There are newer reviews for Skimmerhorn

Reviewed July 13, 2011

We pulled up to the Skimmerhorn winery on a hot afternoon in July and I was so envious of the guests eating at the breezy, shaded patio (plus the food smelled really good!) - but we didn't have time to eat, we were just there to taste the wines! Our favorite by far was the "Autumn Tryst", although the Rose and other whites were great too (we aren't into reds yet!). If you are in Creston or area, don't miss out on going here!

Reviewed May 18, 2011

I encourage all viitors to the CrestonValley to take a tour, have a wine tasting and enjoy the exceptional food and service of the Skimmerhorn Winery. I had the privledge of dinning last summer. In my opinion the head chef A.K. makes the best crab cakes in B.C. The Skimmerhorn winery staff make it a relaxing place to eat and dine. My favorite wines so far are the Marechal Foch and the Ortega .I look forward to tasting all the winery has to offer on my next visit to the valley.
Cheers,
Shannon

1  Thank malley03
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We live in Calgary. and had a chance visit Skimmerhorn and the girls who tasted the wines have to go back this week end. They enjoyed the wine that much and it is a 6 hour trip. We encourage anyone to please visit and enjoy.
Lesley and Brent

Reviewed August 13, 2010

I thought I would drop in on my tour of the area and I was met with less than a friendly staff and service. Don't bother going. The tasting was rushed and the service curt and rushed. The wines were mediocre at best.

1  Thank enseul
Comments01, Owner at Skimmerhorn, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2011

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
We were very sorry to learn that your visit to our winery did not meet your expectations. We do appreciate your taking the time to write as it gives us the opportunity to address your concerns.
We strive to provide a friendly and relaxed experience to all our guests. With that in mind, we recognized that some guests may desire more personal attention than we have been able to provide at peak times, so shortly after your visit we made changes that immediately had a significant, positive impact on our customer service and improved efficiency in our bistro, tasting bar and wineshop. For our 2011 season we are implementing a wireless credit/debit device to further reduce congestion and provide an unhurried atmosphere for all our guests.
At Skimmerhorn Winery & Vineyard every guest’s experience is important, and we are always looking for ways to do things even better. The praise we receive from our customers continues to be our greatest reward.
Cheers,