“Great Cafe but Pricey”

Cuisines: Cafe
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Great Cafe but Pricey”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Came here for a quick coffee and cake... Place is really nice and had a large variety of drinks and food. Most of the cakes were sooo overpriced, but looked really good. Who wants to pay 6 bucks for a small slice of cake? However, they are known for their cinnamon buns so I went for one of those. BEST CINNAMON BUN EVER... and massive... I have a large appetite and barely managed half, I shared the other half with mother. My hot chocolate was made well, as were the coffees my parents had.

Summary: Strong quality but hard on the wallet.

• Visited August 2013

Sylvan Lake, Canada
“Pleasant breakfast spot”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Wonderful baking and coffee! The cinnamon buns are huge. There are things for sale as well - art, coffee and tea pots, cups, mugs, and such. It is a bit hectic at certain times, and you may have to wait a bit as the line-up for coffee can get long.

Visited August 2013
Grande Prairie
“Morning starter”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Smoking Waters Coffee Co is always our last stop as we leave Fairmont for a great cup of coffee and if we leave on time one of their delicious cinnamon buns!

Visited August 2013
Vernon, Canada
“Great way to start the day.”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were half way through our week before we found this gem and then we visited every morning. This internet café has a warm, relaxed atmosphere, great muffins, pastries and sandwiches and the warmest, friendliest staff you could ask for. They even made our dogs feel welcome. I don't know if we'll return to the Fairmont area but if we do, this will be our first stop every morning.

• Visited July 2013
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Good lattes”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

When visiting my brother-in-law at his home on Columbia Lake we stopped in. Smoking Waters is his daily stop for coffee and I can understand why. I'm from the Seattle area and am somewhat of a coffee snob so I'm pretty picky. The latte was prepared well and was quite satisfying.

• Visited July 2013