“Great Food & Atmosphere”

From Scratch A Mountain Kitchen
Cuisines: Barbecue, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: From Scratch – A Mountain Kitchen is a market bistro located in Fairmont Hot Springs, BC that is a haven for food lovers offering delicious, fresh and seasonal products to dine in, take out or shop away. Our approach to this business is to avoid ordinary and average. We create joy and fun in all aspects of the business from how the in-house product line is presented to menu design to customer service level. We are creating items we love hoping we are not alone in our taste! We also oversee outside catering, cooking classes, launching a retail product line and participate in the local Farmer's Market. From Scratch – A Mountain Kitchen is a unique space consisting of a production kitchen, 30 seat bistro and retail area as well as an outdoor patio for seating to enjoy the Purcell mountain views. The touch and feel of the space is designed with modern rustic elements. We believe in low food miles supporting a local food network by creating positive relationships with local farmers and growers. Many of our ingredients are seasonal being sourced throughout British Columbia and Alberta. The creation of delicious products also requires passion and quality ingredients. Our Chefs use the finest ingredients combined with simple techniques to bring out the natural flavours of seasonal foods. We have an appreciation for the difference FRESH makes and incorporate this value into the work of the kitchen. As many of the ingredients are locally grown, harvested and raised, the concept of Farm to Fork is regularly featured on our menu. Fresh, local, seasonal with some organic ingredients where it makes sense; ready to cook meals and soups, in-house menu featuring a wood burning oven, fresh baked bread and other delights, a great cup of coffee and a small feature wine/beer list the accompanies our in-house menu.
Reviewed July 17, 2013

From scratch is a unique restaurant offering great food, friendly service, and large portions. This will be our new favourite in Fairmont and we will recommend to other friends/family.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had two lunches at this restaurant and enjoyed both immensely. This is an open kitchen environment catering for both take out and eat in or on the patio. The food was excellent, fresh and cooked before your eyes. They also have a large selection of fresh and frozen foods to take back with you. We would definitely recommend this restaurant when in the area.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

From scratch is truly a wonder. Fresh food, wonderful hospitability and extremely affordable. I wish we had a place like this in Edmonton.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had a great dinner at From Scratch in Fairmont Hot Springs, BC. I followed my dinner rules for traveling and ordered from the specials menu (I think daily specials are more likely to have fresh ingredients as the chef planned the meal or liked what he/she saw at the market). I enjoyed the baba ganoush and cedar plank grilled salmon salad. My compatriot had a half order of the ribs that he could not finish. Both were heartily enjoyed. They open at 10 for breakfast and I my only comment would be that I wish they opened earlier.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I've never written a review on tripadvisor, but over the past 2 days of vacation we've eaten 2 breakfast, 1 lunch, and dinner and I felt I needed to share this spot with others. The food is amazing!!! You have to try their homemade iced tea!