“Best breakfast of my life”

From Scratch A Mountain Kitchen
Cuisines: Barbecue, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: From Scratch – A Mountain Kitchen is a market bistro located in Fairmont Hot Springs, BC that is a haven for food lovers offering delicious, fresh and seasonal products to dine in, take out or shop away. Our approach to this business is to avoid ordinary and average. We create joy and fun in all aspects of the business from how the in-house product line is presented to menu design to customer service level. We are creating items we love hoping we are not alone in our taste! We also oversee outside catering, cooking classes, launching a retail product line and participate in the local Farmer's Market. From Scratch – A Mountain Kitchen is a unique space consisting of a production kitchen, 30 seat bistro and retail area as well as an outdoor patio for seating to enjoy the Purcell mountain views. The touch and feel of the space is designed with modern rustic elements. We believe in low food miles supporting a local food network by creating positive relationships with local farmers and growers. Many of our ingredients are seasonal being sourced throughout British Columbia and Alberta. The creation of delicious products also requires passion and quality ingredients. Our Chefs use the finest ingredients combined with simple techniques to bring out the natural flavours of seasonal foods. We have an appreciation for the difference FRESH makes and incorporate this value into the work of the kitchen. As many of the ingredients are locally grown, harvested and raised, the concept of Farm to Fork is regularly featured on our menu. Fresh, local, seasonal with some organic ingredients where it makes sense; ready to cook meals and soups, in-house menu featuring a wood burning oven, fresh baked bread and other delights, a great cup of coffee and a small feature wine/beer list the accompanies our in-house menu.
Bragg Creek, Canada
“Best breakfast of my life”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I had the best breakfast of my life. My husband and I stopped for breakfast on our way back from the fair not hot springs hotel. Service was great and I can't say enough about the eggs Benedict with tomato and Brie cheese. Everything from scratch just like the name. Presentation was great and all ingredients were fresh. Portions were big and prices very reasonable. You can see they take pride in their service and food. I definitely recommend this place any time you are in fairmont.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Miuset

Spruce Grove, Canada
“enjoyable”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I shared the following. taster bread with oil/vineger, taster meatball, Caeser salad, The burger. All excellent, more than enough to eat. Take out items available in freezer.

• Visited May 2013
Radium Hot Springs, Canada
“best benny eggs”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

just do breakfast there....so worth it. the staff at the resort told us to break our fast there after an espresso at smoking waters café. for such a small town they offer a lot of options. most places offer local, organic and gluten free. a nice surprise for travelers

Visited November 2012
Lethbridge, Canada
“The Most Delicious Meal of Our Trip”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We came out of the resort hungry and came to the right place. The food here was amazing, Single meatballs, mac n cheese, bacon tomato cheddar pizza, fresh made sourdough bread. The hands down best food in Fairmont. Our 2.5 year old was treated incredibly. The atmosphere is great. We will be eating here again.

• Visited April 2013
BC
“Delicious, fresh, different”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We've eaten here quite a few times in the last year and it is always very good. The chicken and roasted veggie sandwiches are my favourites. They offer a great selection of hearty, different, delicious salads to go with your sandwich at no extra cost - appreciated in a valley where some charge a $2.50 penalty for people who chose salad over fries! I had the beet feta and my lunch-mate had a wonderful small-tomato, bocconcini, basil salad at our most recent lunch. I've noticed the pizza is very popular and the baking is good too. It is becoming known for providing good choices for gluten-free diets as well. The staff are friendly and helpful and the restaurant standards match the food quality.

• Visited April 2013