“Crab night Fantastic!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hoodoo Lounge & Grill

Hoodoo Lounge & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Manhattan Beach, California
“Crab night Fantastic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

All you can eat snow crab for only $39, with melted butter, orzo and fresh vegetables was a fun and tasty experience. The crab was so sweet you did not need the butter, nor the side dishes, but indulge we did! Us 2 ladies in a party of 4 demolished 5 crabs. The men ordered the ribs and steak. The ribs were a hugh portion, tender and tasty. The steak was well prepared and considered average for flavor. The table also shared a spinach pair salad which was nicely presented and fresh. Crab and Ribs a must!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank LynDav244

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Easy to find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Ribs were excellent and way to big of a portion for me. My wife had Salmon wrapped in Cod and Veg. Way too salty and noodles blaw. atmosphere like a Pub but better class than a pup. Would recommend it.

Visited February 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Good Considering”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Pretty well the only game in town in January but the place was full. We had a party for 7 and they fit us in. Quick service and pretty good food. Don't expect fine dining but you will get decent food in a non pretentious atmosphere. We had a good time and the staff was very attentive.

Visited January 2014
Revelstoke, Canada
“Mixed emotions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We where drawn to the Hoodoo with the Tuesday dinner specials - all you can eat crab. Who wouldn't be? I wanted to verify so I did call first just to make sure, it would be a shame to drive over an hour for no crab.

When the three of us arrived, we where surprised to find the restaurant packed. I couldn't help but notice there was only one other table enjoying the special. Regardless of this, all three of us ordered the endless crab.

As we waited for our meal, the table next to us received their dinners. Wow did all of it look and smell amazing. One of the gentlemen had pork ribs. The Rib dinner looked so good it almost changed my mind regarding my own dinner choice.

The food service did seem rather slow especially considering we ordered the special. Once it arrived I was taken back by the size of the crab.

As we sat and ate our first helping, it was some of the best crab I have ever ate. Of course, we all ordered a second helping.

All the guests seemed happy with their meals and I never noticed a single issue or complaint. A big plus seeing as there where plenty of other guests.

Once we finished our second order, it was at this moment when the waiter pulled a chair up to our table. He proceeded to explain how the kitchen had run out of crab. Of course, I didn't quite understand. I didn't see anyone else in the restaurant with crab and I only called 2 hours ago and was assured that we wouldn't be wasting our time to make the drive.

The waiter tried to project blame onto the kitchen although he did admit it was him I spoke to. He went on to say that he never checked with the kitchen when I called, just assumed there would be enough. Needless to say, I was disappointed.

We where given one of three choices of how we would like to proceed. We could either have:
-a free dessert (one for all of us to share)
- a discounted dinner
- a gift certificate that wouldn't even cover the cost of a single meal

We chose a discounted dinner. None of us wanted dessert, we wanted crab. There was no reason to take a gift certificate for one meal considering we weren't sure if we would return.

At the end of it all, all the food did look and smell great. Our meal including Snow crab, risotto and vegetables was also great just not as advertised.

I gave a 4 star rating for the quality of food and the restaurant cleanliness. Lost a start for the lack of the advertised special with slow food service.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Yes we will definitely go back !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I shared our whole meal !
A great way to try more food !
I loved the Dill pickle soup, if you love Dill pickles you will love it !
We had the pear-adise salad , so very delicious .
Our main course was butter chicken , the best I've ever had !
It was very flavourful and had lots of chicken . We were full so we never had dessert ,maybe next time ?
My husband really enjoyed the whole meal too !
We both really appreciate good tasting food !

• Visited October 2013