“Great night out”

Mexico
Ranked #13 of 80 Restaurants in Takapuna
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is great. Packed full when we arrived but with a good bar area we could just grab a drink & wait no problem. Great atmosphere & food was yummo & came quickly. It's a fun place to go with friends. Not the place for your intimate couple dinner though. But if you are planning a fun night out with a group of friends then this is my pick!

“Great mexican food restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Really nice and busy place even during the week!
The atmosphere is great inside, a lot of really nice decorations, paintings and accessories hanging on the wall.
I have been there a couple of time and I have tasted all different tapas and all the meat ones are lovely (not a big fan of seafood tapas like prawns).
The best thing is definitively the fried chicken, lovin' it!
Also give a try to the chicken quesadillas, yummy.
Location is nice also, in Takapuna center.
Service is quick.
Only negative point might be the seats that are really low and can be inconvenient even if you are tall (table half of your chest)
Will go again

PS: Margaritas' drinks and tequila are really good, they have a lot of diversity for tequila.

• Visited July 2014
Browns Bay, New Zealand
“Yummy quick and fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Have been to Mexico twice, they offer more a tapas style menu, so great if your wanting to taste different plates and dont mind sharing! We really enjoyed the first time there because it was new to us, the 2nd time not so much as we were after more of a night out with friends, and it didnt really deliver, tables were a bit crammed and the whole experience was a bit lacking. What Mexico does best is small plates at a great price and pretty quick service so you can get in and out fast! If you are wanting a slow paced leisurely meal then its probably not for you. Good cocktail selection on the menu, they were a little disappointing in flavor and presentation though. The service from the staff has always been really efficient, friendly and helpful. Oh...the desserts are awesome!....dont share these!

• Visited June 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great service, Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

I went here while I was on a trip in Auckland with my partner, he'd never been and I had so I wanted to take him somewhere new. The first thing I had noticed was that the menu had changed, which was a disappointment as I was hoping to get my favourite quesadillas but they were no longer there - no fuss though, the food was still really good. We didn't have to wait long for a table even though the restaurant looked full. The corn chips were really nice, and the new lamb quesadillas were amazing! The prices are fair and the menu isn't too big but still a bit of choice. It's mexican food that's a bit more gourmet, but I don't mind as long as it's tasty. The only thing that I would say that are slight negatives are that it's pretty noisy so it's hard to have a conversation, the lighting is very dim so you can't really see your food and long tables that give you no separation feels like you're part of a group with the people you end up sitting next too, a bit of a squeeze.

• Visited May 2014
Auckland
“New menu but felt rushed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

We went to Mexico in Takapuna for lunch on the weekend, it was fairly empty when we arrived but filled up and became very loud quickly.
The menu had changed since last time we went, so check if you are there for a favorite dish. The food portions were small but tasty. Service was haphazard ie. taking an order for one beer and not checking if the other people at the table wanted anything, and we felt pressured to rush to finish our drinks as they wanted our table.

• Visited May 2014