I stayed for 2 nights in a studio room, having previously stayed in a 1 bed suite. The room was large with 2 queen beds and spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfortable and I didn't hear a thing from elsewhere all the time I was there (room 1302). The room was also well away from the lifts. The bathroom did not have a bath but the shower was roomy and had great pressure. The view was looking out over to Auckland CBD and the marina and quite spectacular at night. I did not have transport (car in for service) for the full day I was there but there was plenty to do in and around Takapuna within walking distance. Recommended if you need to be on the North Shore. Transport links excellent, although the Auckland traffic was horrendous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Spencer on Byron Hotel is located just 500m from Takapuna Beach with fantastic views of the city, Hauraki Gulf, Lake Pupuke and Takapuna. This Auckland hotel is the first business class accommodation provider on Auckland's North Shore and spectacular panorama of Auckland CBD to the south, Rangitoto Island to the east, and Lake Pupuke to the north. With Studio or One Bedroom Suites available including disabled access rooms, plus a swimming pool, spa pool, tennis courts, gym, restaurant and bar, The Spencer on Byron Hotel has something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Spencer on Byron Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spencer On Byron Hotel
- Spencer On Byron Auckland
- The Spencer On Byron Hotel Takapuna, Auckland, North Island