It looked great on the internet. But the room was pretty dirty, my room was not serviced one of the days I stayed, the couches are extremely uncomfortable, and my complaints or suggestions seemed unwanted or without concern. No apologies and no words of appreciation for my feedback.
On the positive side, some of the staff was very friendly, the rooms have washer/dryer and kitchenettes, which was really nice, and the bed was pretty good.
I think this could be a really nice hotel if they improved their customer service, changed the couches, and put more emphasis on cleanliness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Spencer on Byron Hotel is located just 500m from Takapuna Beach with fantastic views of the city, Hauraki Gulf, Lake Pupuke and Takapuna. This Auckland hotel is the first business class accommodation provider on Auckland's North Shore and spectacular panorama of Auckland CBD to the south, Rangitoto Island to the east, and Lake Pupuke to the north. With Studio or One Bedroom Suites available including disabled access rooms, plus a swimming pool, spa pool, tennis courts, gym, restaurant and bar, The Spencer on Byron Hotel has something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Spencer on Byron Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spencer On Byron Hotel
- Spencer On Byron Auckland
- The Spencer On Byron Hotel Takapuna, Auckland, North Island