“Great staff”

Dining options: Breakfast
Nelson, New Zealand
“Great staff”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I treat this restaurant like our "local". Good mix of friendly staff and great food. The wine list is good, but could have a few more aromatics. The outdoor setting is nice on a summers night. Their recent menu change meant we could taste a few more things.

South Auckland New Zealand
“$2 refund was insulting”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Went there for lunch on Monday. I ordered the Chef salad and fries for $26. The salad was chicken and prawns. When it arrived it was nicely presented and the fries very nice. The salad had thousand island dressing for the prawns, but no prawns. I thought this was an oversight but instead I got given a $2 coin on a napkin and told that's what the prawns would be worth but they had run out. Perhaps offering a coffee or cake would have been less insulting.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank mariaj3
Thames, New Zealand
“Abit different”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have had drinks a few times at the Apothecary and staff are always cheerful and service good. I recently had a late lunch there with a friend and sat outside while it is quite a busy road there's always something to see and we enjoyed being outside. The food was very nice and we had a nice chilled glass of wine to go with it. It's nice to have something abit different from all the other cafés and restaurants around and you can pick up a antique at the same time. I have also been on a Friday night here for drinks and it gets quite busy and has a nice atmosphere .

• Visited October 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The Apothecary has been tastefully furnished. It has wholesome food and salads and other snacks are available. The service is a bit slow because there often seems to be only one person taking the order and the money so try and go when they are not too busy.

This has become a favourite morning or afternoon coffee place for me and my friends and I am sure will continue to be so. We haven't tried the new wine bar next door yet but that will be our next stop.

• Visited July 2013
Auckland
“Local cafe with good food & great dining room”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Motorcycle ride led me to eastern beaches. This cafe on Main Street Howick presented as popular, full of antiques (it is owned by the dealer next door) and the order of savoury mince, poached egg on rye toast was well made. Good local offering.

• Visited July 2013