“Make a Reservation for Dinner”

Truffle Pigs Bistro & Lounge
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Field
Cuisines: Canadian, Fusion, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A 13 room post and beam family run lodge in the heart of Yoho National Park in Field, BC. Truffle Pigs Lodge is freshly renovated and prides itself on offering families and couples relaxing, clean and affordable accommodations. Truffle Pigs Bistro is an award winning Bistro and Lounge that serves fresh, local and hand made foods, BC wines, beer and a great selection of spirits. Truffle Pig food is simply scrumptious , made by real people, in real time with real food ingredients. Our menu offers a wide range of gluten free options and we welcome children and families in the restaurant. Truffle Pigs Bistro and Lodge has been described as the "jewel" of Yoho National Park, "unpretentious" & one of the most relaxed and tasteful properties in the Canadian Rockies. You won't find a concierge, corporate uniform or chandelier on property but you will find the concierge and staff from other properties eating and hanging out.. Full of locals, local lore and local charm.
Scarsdale
“Make a Reservation for Dinner”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Truly wonderful food but it's not a large place so plan ahead and make a reservation for dinner. I don't know how busy they are for lunch.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Gus B

• Korean first
  • Polish first
“Extremely Disappointed”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

On our way from Kelowna to Edmonton and decided that we'd stop in Field for lunch......big mistake! My husband ordered the special - I believe it was called "The Canadian". A bagel with smoked meat piled high. The meat was cut too thick and was too fatty. My husband couldn't even bite into the sandwich. He kept having to pull the meat out of the bagel as his teeth couldn't saw through it! Does he know what it tasted like - he only knew that the difficulty of eating it ruined the experience for him. I had their burger, simple enough one would think. I was aware that it was a wild meat mixture but I wasn't prepared for big hunks of chewy, fatty meat buried within the patty. The first few bites I thought were fantastic, but once the texture of the big sinewy pieces were bit into, I couldn't eat anymore. My daughter ordered off of the children's menu - chicken fingers and fries....how simple can you get?! Well, the chicken fingers tasted like fish - perhaps the cooks should consider changing the oil? The chicken fingers even smelled fishy and had a fishy texture. I'm wondering if the bistro was trying to trick the children. Needless to say, my daughter, who does not like fish, did not eat her meal. So, $65 later (or thereabouts), we left Truffle Pigs Bistro very unsatisfied. The view was great! But any place in the mountains with a window will have a great view. Sorry that we stopped here and will not recommend anyone else to stop here.
On another note, the washrooms were lacking soap and needed a bit of cleaning. Co-ed washrooms are well received, as long as the men put down the seats!
The fries were good though!

• Visited July 2014
11 Thank Storm2640
Sean C, Owner at Truffle Pigs Bistro & Lounge, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello Extremely Disappointed
We are very unhappy that you did not enjoy your lunch since we pride ourselves on creating memorable & remarkable experiences for all our clientele. I can only apologize and wish you had of approached one of my staff who would have dealt with your concerns on the spot. Unfortunately you have divided to not drop in again. If you do change your mind please inform my staff that you are trying us again and get them to call me out to your table .. I look forward to changing your Truffle Pig experience and get you to see why all other reviews are raving about us.
Cheers
Chef Sean
“A Must Stop on the Trans Canada”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on their deck. I don't know what was better the food or the view. We looked out over the Kicking Horse River, the national railway and highway and best of all Mt. Field. We had soup and salad and were amazed with the quality and will be sure to stop here again.

Visited July 2014
Houston, Texas
“Great find in the middle of nowhere”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

High class gourmet food. Small cozy place! They do not take reservations but for lodge guests. So it was a shot in the dark! Got luck. Unique menu. Ask for the blueberry pie... Mmmmm!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mireya K
Vancouver, Canada
“Great location, wonderful food”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten at this restaurant several times, and every time we enjoy their unique dishes. Truffled duck flat bread, Rasta wrap or beet burger - always good and well presented. Situated in Field, it is the perfect spot to stop enroute to our from Calgary.