“General Store?”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Siding Cafe

The Siding Cafe
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Field
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“General Store?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Siding General Store and Restaurant is a neat little gem of a place in a town that doesn't have much to it. However, the name is really a stretch for what it is. As a "general store" it has a small collection of a few canned and frozen food items and some notions, but really too few to be considered as a "general store". And as a restaurant, it has a really limited menu. So, don't think you're going to be able to stock up on stuff you might need here, or having lots to choose from.

Having said that, it's real value is having a place to pick up a coffee and home made muffin in the morning, and in having a bite to eat in the afternoon. The home made muffins are really good, but nothing special.

Hours are limited to 8am to 6pm.

I really enjoyed getting up in the morning, walking out into the crisp morning air, walking down to the Siding, and grabbing a coffee and muffin, thinking about what was in store for me in the area parks.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Stu W

Norfolk, Nebraska
“Field burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We have been here twice, once for breakfast and once for dinner. Both of our meals were very good. The little general store has beer/wine to take out and grocery supplies. I bought a little hand knitted dress there for a granddaughter. the also have scarves/purses art/jewelry and other items for sale. The food can be organic if you want. They close early, I think around 6 or so, get there early for dinner.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Pete B
Calgary
“Great Casual Food - just watch the garlic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I had a good casual dinner here on a Friday night. I went with their version of a chicken Quesadilla - with a corn salsa. It was very good. My wife went with one of their rice bowls with shrimp. While tasty, my wife found it a bit heavy on the garlic, so much so that she started picking out garlic slices. By the time she was done, it looked as if they had put a whole head (yes a head, not a glove) of garlic into the rice bowl!
Great raspberry squares and other baked goods.

• Visited August 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Great tasting food at reasonable prices in a nice atmosphere. After being disappointed by the Truffle Pigs next door this place was great. I would recommend the chick and brie sandwich or the pulled pork sandwich, both were excellent.

Visited September 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Who Would've Thought?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

That a place so quaint and with awesome food would be hidden away here? My sister-in-law led us here, and we were not disappointed. My girls shared a rice bowl and my husband and I shared a panini. All very delicious. We were lucky that we got here during an off time, and the place wasn't too crowded. But I can imagine it can get pretty busy here during peak meal hours. The food, ambience and service here is great all around. Definitely worth a visit when passing through.

• Visited August 2012