“Lovely setting!”

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My hubby and I did not dine here as we were renting a cabin in Field and cooked our own food to save money, however, I really wanted to stop by and see this place while we were there. We drove up one evening and went in for a glass of wine. It was a Wednesday in July and it wasn't crowded. We were able to sit in front of the fireplace on the large, leather sofa while enjoying our bottle (so we ended up with more than " a glass") of wine. It was beautiful and the wine was very good! We did look at the menu and, of course, it was pricey as it is everywhere. If you're planning to dine out a lot, just plan to spend the money. Anyway, while I cannot comment on the food, I do recommend stopping by to see this place and at least enjoy a glass of wine and the roaring fire!!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We did not stay at the lodge but chose the restaurant after a day of hiking and sightseeing. The food and service were excellent and the setting is very pleasing -- refined without being stuffy.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

All of the above AFTER hiking Iceline. We almost nixed this since we were tired and didn't want to get dressed up. SO GLAD we had already reserved a table and felt obliged to go. They sat us by the window where we enjoyed dusk and being unhurried with an order. EXCELLENT wait-person who let me try 2 different wines before making my selection. The food was hearty and well prepared. It took an 'I'm too tired to move' evening and moved it to 'romantic date night'.

1  Thank SPARKLE S
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had dinner here the first night of our stay at the Lodge. They have a good selection of Canadian wines (and yes, there are some very good Canadian wines), and the food, mostly locally sourced, was very good. My Steelhead Trout was a standout.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed in a Premier Cabin with a loft - loved every moment of it - from the unlimited firewood just outside our cabin door to the quietness and beauty of the surroundings! Staff are great, lots of things to do nearby and breakfast was amazing! Will be back!