“Highlight of our Rockies vacation”
Review of Emerald Lake Lodge

Emerald Lake Lodge
SN Jose, CA
“Highlight of our Rockies vacation”
Reviewed October 21, 2005

We recently spent three nights at ELL. Like others I was concerned about the reviews on this website but we were delighted that we chose this lodge. It is remote, yet close enough to Lake Louise that you can easily spend part of a day or evening there. As soon as we arrived we were promptly transported to the Lodge by their shuttle. The desk staff were all wonderful. We had a lakefront room that had every amenity. The King size bed was very comfortable. Our room also had a fireplace and seating area, as well as a small dining table and mini refrigerator. The bathroom was beautifully tiled with slate. We couldn't believe how quiet and peaceful it was there. You just feel privilaged to be able to spend time in that setting. We only ate in the pub one night and the food was quite good. We did think the wine list was very expensive even compared to what we found on the menu of the restaurant we ate in at Chateau Lake Louise. We also enjoyed the funky little Truffled Pig restaurant in Field and met other ELL guests there as well. It is quite casual and alot of fun. It was cold and a little rainy in October but so cozy with a fire in our little cabin. If we needed anything including more kindling for the fire they sent someone right over. We stayed also at Buffalo Mountain Lodge in Banff which is owned by the same people. It was nice, but not nearly as special, as it is large and crowded with lots of people and cars. That is never the case at ELL. Staying there was one of those special treasured experiences that make a vacation truly memorable.

• Stayed September 2005
6 Thank Carol C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
pine hill, nj
Reviewed October 17, 2005

I was very worried about booking our stay at EEL due to the mixed reviews, but I am glad we did. We had no problems with the transportation to and from the overnight guest parking area. Upon arrival, the front desk help was very friendly and prompt with our check in and getting our luggage to our cabin. We stayed in cabin 121, which is called the Point Cabin, and is considered the best room in all of ELL---and I have to agree. Our room was huge(I've included a picture); we had floor to ceiling windows, a giant, well stocked fireplace, a cozy couch, a sitting area in front of the fire place, large dinning room table, lots of counter space, cd player, sink, dish/glass ware, 1/2 bath off the living room, full bath, complete with heated tile floors, large sink/vanity area, jacuzzi for 2, separate stand up shower, great bath amenities, french doors into the king sized bedroom, and another door leading to a large wrap around deck, with a premier view of the lake. We truly felt like royalty.
As for noise and tourist---no problem at all. The whole property is very serine; lots of flowers in bloom, even in mid-September, and well manicure grounds. We never heard our neighbors, or even the little construction that was going on next to our cabin. In fact, it was so quiet, that one morning we could here the canoers talking on the lake. The gym was small, (however I did not use it), as well as the hot tub(small if compared to the Buffalo Mountain Lodge), but clean, which is the most important. We were a bit far from both the firepit and the hot tub, and did not use either since the property has lots of steps, and I was on crutches. Besides, we had a great jacuzzi in our room. There is a trail that goes around the lake where some moose we spotted by other guest. On a side note, one day we took an ATV ride near Golden, which was filled with fun, adventure, and beautiful views(I've included some pictures).
Now to the service and food. We did not experience anything other than perfection from the service to the quality of the food. I will admit that the food was a little expensive, but no more than some of the places we ate at in Banff for the same quality. On one particular night Chris, our waiter, helped me choose an entree from the menu. The menu is heavy on the game which I am not accustomed to. He steered me toward the caribou, which he said his picky mom even likes, so I gave it a shot. Before I knew it, I was nibbling on one of santa's reindeer, and fully enjoying my first taste of Canadian Cuisine. For dessert, we requested to sit on the couch in front of the fireplace, which he happily took us to. Our dessert was looked like a work of art, and tasted like a slice of heaven. We just sat back and enjoyed the whole ambience of the main lodge. We never felt neglected, ignored, or rushed. It was a perfect evening. Breakfast was the same. My husband had the blueberry pancakes which were 90% blueberries, and I had banana bread french toast, that I am still dreaming about. The coffee was constantly filled which is always a big plus with us.
All in all, our experience at ELL was top notch. I hope that if we are to visit again, that we have the same memorable experience.

• Stayed September 2005
15 Thank tripgirl74
Also consider these accommodations in or near Field
Deer Lodge
Lake Louise Inn
Lake Louise Inn
#3 of 5 in Lake Louise
Cathedral Mountain Lodge

Been to Emerald Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Emerald Lake Lodge

Property: Emerald Lake Lodge
Address: Emerald Lake Road | Yoho National Park, Field, Yoho National Park, British Columbia V0A 1G0, Canada
Location: Canada > British Columbia > Kootenay Rockies > Yoho National Park > Field
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Specialty Lodging in Field
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Emerald Lake Lodge 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Emerald Lake Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Emerald Lake Hotel Field