“Average food, fairly high prices, friendly yuppie-type pub atmosphere”

Dan's Neighbourhood Pub & Beer, Wine Store
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Fort Nelson
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, American
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oregon Coast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,643 helpful votes
“Average food, fairly high prices, friendly yuppie-type pub atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

We happened to be in town on a Friday night and chose Dan's for dinner. Whew, even though we got there fairly early in the evening, they were busy! I think most of the diners were locals, based on conversations we overheard :-)

They have an outside patio but it was too warm for us. Overall, seating is kind of close which is typical of this sort of pub. The atmosphere was friendly, a bit boisterous and yes, a bit noisy. It seemed as if a lot of the people were relaxing after a long work week. I call this a "yuppie-type' to make a distinction between a more upscale pub such as this and a 'workmens' type pub.

To be honest, I cannot remember exactly what I ate here (it was a long road trip) but I'm pretty sure I had a Chef salad. Whatever I had did not impress me one way or the other though, so I know it was neither wonderful nor terrible!

I do remember the prices being on the high side. My Chef salad and a beer plus tip was about $22.

Service was prompt and friendly. If I'm ever back in this area, I'd probably eat here again.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank half-Brit

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Expensive & Loud”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

The food menu was limited and expensive. The service was mediocre at best. Portions were small and not extremey tasty either. I would pass for one of the other restaurants in the area.

Visited May 2012
Whitehorse,Yukon
“Good food, good service,good vibes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

We travel through Fort Nelson quite regularly and Dan's is a must stop for us. We've never been disappointed with the food or the service. It sure beats the A&W across the parking lot !

• Visited September 2011
Central Texas
“Great food and no frills”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

This place has great meals, with large portions and it all tastes better than any chain restaurant! A simple menu and a large selection of local and import beers make this place an easy choice for a quick stop or an evening meal...
Great service and reasonable prices are more reasons to eat here instead of the fast food places down the road.

Visited April 2012
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

This is definitely a bar, complete with barely dressed waitresses but the service was good and the food was excellent. The prices are treasonable for the area. If you are headed north they will seem high, if going south they will seem average.

1 Thank TheresainAK