“Wonderful”

Woodlands Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Fort Nelson
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We have been staying at the Woodlands Inn in Fort Nelson since Sept. 30/13. If I need anything, all I have to do is ask and it's done right away. The cleaning ladies are wonderful. Thanks Karen,Kaylia and Lisa. These girls go out of their way to please everyone. Thank you front desk for everything. There are too many people to mention. You are all wonderful. We came back here after Christmas break and were thrilled to find out that our vehicles were cleaned off and dug out from 2 feet of snow. Before we left, we packed up all our belongings into boxes and stored them (13 small boxes) all in the locked storage room downstairs. We were very happy to find that Cristie and Howard went down and brought all our stuff back up to our room! Free shuttle rides to and from the airport are just another wonderful service that is provided. When you roll in to Fort Nelson, stop at the first hotel you see. The Woodlands Inn and Suites. When it's time to dine, you don't have to warm up a vehicle and go outside to get something to eat. Just go down the hall to the restaurant. I had tenderloin last night and it was delicious!!! I talked to some of the local people when we first came here,to find out which hotel to stay at and they all told me that this was the best in this town and they were right. We have an apartment suite and it is fantastic! Back of the building, quiet, clean, beautiful sunrises.....

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Woodlands I, Director of Sales at Woodlands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for your input on your stay and we are glad that we could provide you with that home away from home feeling. We are glad that you are still enjoying your stay with us and hope that next fall you will be back again.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The staff here were exceptional with a we can help you attitude. There is a very nice restaurant. The laundry room was equipped with a stocked bookshelf or beside this room you can do a workout in the gym or play pool while you wait for your washing to finish. A small shop off the foyer stocked basics and some treats. The room itself was very good the only two criticisms I would make were that the window doesn't open and a curved shower curtain rail would be better.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your input on your stay and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the different amenities that we offer to our guests. Also thank you for the two criticisms it helps us to remember that there is always ways to improve our location. We look forward to having you stay with us upon your next pass through along the Alaska Highway

Reviewed November 23, 2013

My co workers and I travel a lot to Fort Nelson for work for at least 2 weeks out of every month and have stayed at other hotels. These other hotels do not stand up to the personal service given to us at the Woodlands Inn. Once I stayed at the Woodlands I have not gone anywhere else. I would like to compliment and thank Cristy Arychuk on providing that great service to myself and my co workers. Thank you Cristy.

Room Tip: When booking your rooms ask for Cristy. With her your reservations will always be correct.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Woodlands I, Manager at Woodlands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Woodlands Inn and Suites. We appreciate all the comments that our guests may have about their stay. Your feedback will be passed on to our staff and we hope to have you stay with us upon your next visit to Fort Nelson.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I thought it was a little pricey given that we travel w/two dogs, but it is clean, quiet, and the internet access was fairly fast. We were given a room near the lobby which meant that we had to haul all of our luggage, dog beds, etc a long way down the hall to keep the dogs out of the lobby, which was required. The little breakfast room is clean and nice and they make an effort to offer a variety of breakfast foods. Everyone was friendly and helpful, especially at the front desk. My advice, though, in general is to avoid Fort Nelson - it is a beehive of activity and the roads especially to the south were clogged w/large trucks hauling prefab units and sandwiched between them were a few cars and motorhomes. It is also an expensive place to buy anything. Of course avoiding Fort Nelson means taking the western route..

Room Tip: If you are traveling with pets I recommend that you reserve well in advance & email the hotel a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RIki S
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Rooms clean and quiet. Was here on Business. Front Desk staff a little 'busy with my own stuff and not so interested in helpn", but just a little. One is the name of the Rest. they did a good job, server was great.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Woodlands Inn. We appreciate your comments and feedback as this will help improve our guest experience upon their next visit to the hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us upon your next pass through along the Alaska Highway

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I always stay here when I come to Fort Nelson on business. The rooms are clean and quiet. The internet is easy to access and fairly fast. The weight room is pretty decent. There is a restaurant on site. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfasts in the restaurant can be very slow which is annoying, and the hot tub in the weight room still hasn't been fixed. Overall I really like staying here, and I will be back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your input on your stay and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your experience with breakfast in the restaurant is not to your liking. If this is a regular issue for you please inform us so we may address the issue sooner for you. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to Fort Nelson

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The staff was very helpful when I was having cell phone issues (US cell service in Canada). The room was very nice as well. The downstairs dining area was decent, but pricy. The wifi is a intermittent at best.

Room Tip: You can charge the food to your room; but you need to show the charge slip that comes with your room...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your input on your stay. I am glad that the front desk staff where able to help with your cell phone issues. I am sorry to here that our internet was not up to your liking for connectivity. I know that our internet connectivity since then has been addressed. We look forward to having you stay with us upon your next pass through along the Alaska Highway.